New Goodie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Several post back I ask about a Micro Lux table saw for segmenting. The general opinion was it was too small. I being hard headed got one anyway.
The Micro Lux is a wonderful little saw, well made and will do a great job on items it was made for --- modeling. I then bought a DeWalt 7480 compact job site saw and made a box to sit it on. I then made a work table top to go on it when it wasn't being used. That was the floor space is serving double duty.
When your shop is as small as mine you learn to utilize every square inch.
If anyone has other space saving ideas let us know.

Ben

Attachments

• dewalt.jpg
    dewalt.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 338
  • dewaltII.jpg
    dewaltII.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I've got one exact saw like that, they work well, no doubt...!

Do you think your workshop is small??? have you seen some of the pics shared here of others workshops...???:)

All nice and neat, where is the sawdust..>????:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

stonepecker

Happy that you found something that works for you. Great idea for using the space you have.
Now you have to make some dust to make the segments and then turn and post your work.

Wish I had that much room in my shop........lol

Bob in SF

Great idea, Ben - I also have a Dewalt 7480 (and a small shop) - and now plan to "borrow" your table-top-for-table-saw idea - thanks!

- Bob

MDWine

Nice indeed... and uncluttered.

I have a small shop too. If I could keep it uncluttered like that it would be fabulous. I have a freezer, a stack of tote boxes full of fishing gear, Christmas ornament boxes, old furniture... it's a mess.

I love the space you show here... room to work and move around (even if only a little).

leehljp

Member Liaison
I made a tabletop saw with sliding table and several attachments when I was in Japan, and brought them back to the States with me when I left. Because of work, I haven't been able to get back to pen turning and I haven't unpacked the attachments for the saw.

None the less, a dedicated saw for segmenting is absolutely great for pen work. One thing that would be great to research is saw blades, even custom carbide saw blades with different thickness kerfs. They might be pricey but one carbide blade of 1mm or 1.5 mm or 1/32 etc will last a long while and give you diversity outside of big store blade thickness kerfs.

Top Bottom