New car help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

We have a 1998 Camry and a 2005 Mini. The Camry gets about the same mpg as the Mini.
I got the Mini for my wife as a Birthday present in November 2004. It has 100,00 miles on it. The Camry has 250,00 plus miles on it.

The repairs on the Mini can get costly when out of warranty. For example, we had a leaky power steering hose. With low fluid the Mini would steer like a dump truck with flat tires. This 9-10 inch hose cost in the neighborhood of $300.

If you can trade in your Mini before the new car warranty expires you are better off. It does require a special oil as seems to be the case with the new VW bug.

I had some tires put on at Big-O Tires. They did more damage to the body because they had no idea how to get the mini in the air safely.

It is fun to drive but does cost more to maintain.

Just my two cents.

A Corolla or similar style car might be a better option if 'sporty ' isn't a big concern.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmm my wife drives a serialized "final edition" 2010 VW New Beetle Convertible....Two tone: Blue and white body with black top. It has an 18 inch by 8 inch reclining "Snoopy" dog on each door along with many flowers on the doors sides and trunk lid with a couple on the hood also. The flowers are mostly white and yellow daisys. I personally think everyone of the 6 or 7 thousand citizens of Milford, Deleware are familiar with her car and know who drives it.

sbell111

I'm blessed with my wife for many reasons. One of the minor ones is that we tend to like the same basic things in vehicles.

We both wanted 'play' cars and ended up with theoretically similar toys; red two-seat 'European' convertibles that we had each fallen for years before. Hers is a a Smart cabrio and mine a Cadillac Allante.

We each drove mid-sized SUVs prior to our accident. Hers was a Chevy Trailblazer and mine a Jeep Grand Cherokee. After our accident, we made the decision to go bigger and safer. She landed in a Tahoe while I chose an Avalanche.
You guys seem to have more cars than I have shoes:biggrin: I see two "his" cars and two "her" cars so the only thing that seems to be missing is the "our" car.:wink:

Sadly, the one that I left out is also 'hers'. It is a '64 T-Bird that was her first car. It is badly in need of restoration, so I generally don't count it.

Top Bottom