New Addition To The Family

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Well it finally arrived today, waited for a week and it is here. Just need to get it set up and leveled. Can't lift it alone, need my neighbors tractor and he isn't home tonight. Oh well guess it can wait until tomorrow to get it off that pallet. Already got it cleaned and a coat of wax on the bed, the plug installed and already tested it. What a quiet beautiful beast. Can't wait to get it full of shavings. Just have to decide what to turn first.

Attachments

• New Lathe 003.jpg
    New Lathe 003.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 251
  • New Lathe 004.jpg
    New Lathe 004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 183
  • New Lathe 005.jpg
    New Lathe 005.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 254
  • New Lathe 006.jpg
    New Lathe 006.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 329
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Ok so it's a lathe. We all have at least one. What's the big deal.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT ONE TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, congrats on this great acquisition !!!

robersonjr

Thanks guys, got it all set up today, just need to start turning now. Still need to get some other accessories for it but I believe that takes more money, and they aren't cheap.
Andrew, if you look at my photo album, you will see more than transitional planes there on the wall, I still need to hang more but just need more time. Must be time to retire...but no work, no money.. there's always a catch.

Wow, that was quite the shipment to wait for! Now that you have a lathe so amazing that you won't need your old one, you wouldn't happen to have the desire to donate it to a worthy cause would you?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Seriously though, very nice lathe! Are you looking into doing big bowls?

David

Haynie

Considering what you have in your shop I can't believe you did not already have one of these. Nice addition to an already amazing shop.

robersonjr

Thanks again, just walked in from playing with that beast Found out that even though it has two switches it still does not completely power down, the inverter continues to run with both switches in the off position. Seems that the monster is supposed to be wired to a seperate cutoff circuit, like in a production shop where all machines have a way to lock the power off. Well a trip to Lowes and a cutoff circuit, a couple twist lock plugs and some wire and now I can shut off power completly.
Also had to order new inserts for my chucks because my old lathe was a different size, along with three different size tool rests, hope this will get me back to where I was with the old machine. I'm ready to turn something. Thanks again all. Robbie

Top Bottom