New addition/gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

One of the downsides of living in Michigan is the lack of jobs/work, and business closings.
On the up side is the availability of machines because of the same. I found this surface grinder on Craigslist. It was left behind from a business that folded and and the owner sold the building. The new building owner wanted it out of his way. Reid 2c surface grinder with electro magnetic chuck. Some surface rust, but no pitting. I removed the table, the ways and pads are in good condition. Motor and bearings are very smooth, I can not hear it run 6 feet away. Magnetic chuck is strong. Included was 20 assorted grinding wheels and 5 arbors for mounting the wheels. Seller even loaded it onto my trailer. All for $300.00
My barrel trimming heads have never been so sharp.

Attachments

• grinder 001.jpg
    grinder 001.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Wow!
Serious gloat! You can make some extra cash with that puppy. Rehabbing old planes by truing up the bottom and squaring the sides is a piece of cake as long as it is aligned.

Willee

Great find, Gary.

Are you going to start sharpening pen mills for others?

I have two that need sharpening.

Wish I had some room for more equipment.
I see deals every now and then but have nowhere to put another piece of equipment.
My shop is junked up to the max.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Great find, are you going to share you good fortune by offering 1 free sharpening to all members?:biggrin:

workinforwood

That's a great score Gary. You are so right...cheap huge machinery all over this state, if a person has the space for it. Some of it is so huge and cheap you would think they could get more money for scrap than what they are selling it for.

Looks like there is enough space under that machine that you can store another cat down there too!:biggrin:

Toni

WOW Gary nice new toy for you to play with!! Well done, running out of room in that shop yet? I have no idea what you will use it for, but one day I am sure I will see it and you can explain it then

Top Bottom