Never tried these before

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkHix

MarkHix

One of the guys that works for me gave me some bradford pear trunk/branches...4-10inches thick all from the same tree. They were from the spring storms and have dried all summer. I had never tried to do a lidded box before. I have a new Sorby hollowing tool and it was time to learn to use it. These were fun and I highly reccommend it. They are all finished with BLO, no buffing yet. I am not very fond of this wood as far as color/texture go but the price was right!

Attachments

• lidded boxes Sept 08.jpg
    lidded boxes Sept 08.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice little boxes..

I have a bunch of Bradford pear that I picked up downtown last week... it's fresh cut and needs to dry for a while. Looking forward to trying it. I hear it's very hard and can somtimes have stress cracks inside the wood.

I had an inquiry a while back about doing some threaded boxes... I worked on them for a while and finally got to where I could chase the threads reasonably well... I have a couple of dvd's on chasing threads... it ain't easy.

MarkHix

Thanks for looking. I always try to learn on on free wood when I can. It did have alot of cracks in it. After the second one, I started thinking about learning to make threads too. One step at a time.

Top Bottom