My try at Bangles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

So I made the mistake of showing my wife some of the awesome work Eric does over at Wildwood Designs with his Bangles. She immediately put in her request for HER bangle. I jumped at the chance to order some supplies and there they sat.... for months. With daily reminders I finally set aside a couple days. After watching his videos and reading the instructions on his web site I decided to "just do it". Being a guy with little experience turning anything except pens I was pretty slow and cautious. I managed to blow up a nice stabilized spalted maple blank within the first two seconds of turning. lol Thankfully I had bought some clearanced Olive Wood cutting boards at a local store that were still collecting dust. A couple hole saws later I was back in business. They are far from perfect but I am very happy with my first two attempts. They were a nice change from pens and my wife has sisters so I have been told I am going to be getting more practice. Of course Erics very detailed instructions and videos should get most of the credit. :)
These two are stainless steel with Olive wood and Flamed Box Elder.

All comments welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• Bangles_800x424.JPG
    Bangles_800x424.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Sampson

John,
Your bangles look great! I trust mine will look as good.

A friend purchased a couple bangle kits from Eric a couple weeks ago and brought them for me to check out. I was so impressed that I ordered some after my wife spent 45 minutes looking at them on Eric's site. ( I wish she would have only picked a couple!) I will have them next week and anxious to start turning.

Thanks for your support of our MAPG!!!

Bill Sampson, Richmond

thewishman

NBGJ!

Love the olivewood! I was wondering what size drill bit those took.:wink:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm in the same boat, pens are almost the only things I have turned. Your bangles look nice.

Janster

Looks as though you've been making em' for years. Nice looking and perfect fit and finish. Be well............Jan

JohnU

NBGJ!

Love the olivewood! I was wondering what size drill bit those took.:wink:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm in the same boat, pens are almost the only things I have turned. Your bangles look nice.

These are a size 8 so I think I used a 2.5" hole saw for the inner. Its an old saw and the surface is so worn I cant read the stamped sized. The outer diameter hole saw was much larger than needed but the only one I could find at the time.

PaulDoug

They sure look nice to me. I've been wanting to try making some and I will after I complete the project I've been working at since late last Sept. I have the instructions. Looks pretty complicated.

kyaggie

Beautiful work... congrats! Seeing your success makes me want to go ahead and jump off of the cliff and give one a try.

Mike

Old Lar

Nice job, John. I showed them to my wife and she thinks that they're great. Eric may be seeing an uptick in sales.

Top Bottom