My Name is Ken and I'm an addict

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitshird

I turned my first pens last week, and just ordered half of my nxt check in wood and kits, this one was easy the next few were kind of hard they were out of carribean rosewood, I did one out of aluminum that I didn't get o photograph because my bos liked it so I gave itto him, is there ny kind of support gropu for hisaddiction ter thn penturners.org and yahoopenturners, I hope not this is about as mch fun as I can have with my clothes on
tn_First-Pen.jpg

Ken Ferrell[:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtrimyer

Try being maried to a middle school English Teacher, I have been informed that I haven't conjegated a verb correctly in 11 years. Good think she does not know about this site, I would be in trouble for all the stuff I say and misspell.

Thank you

gerryr

The pen looks pretty well done, although straight B2B slimlines don't have much appeal for me. One thing, please post your future pens in "Show Off Your Pens." This is where we talk about making pens as opposed to showing what we did.

stevers

Ken, don't be offended by our teasing. We all get it some time. We are just messing around. Consider a friendly welcome.
Welcome and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. And of course, show us some more of your work.

polarbear1

Hi Ken I'm happy to report its been over two weeks since I have made a pen! I would be going through serious withdrawals, if it was not for the platter, long stem goblets, and about 15 or so bowls I have made in the last few weeks. Going to start some bottle stoppers and segmented bowls soon :)

fernhills

I wish my English teacher was alive yet so i can tell her that i am 63 and have yet to use a dangeling participle and a hanging modifier til this day i don`t get it.[:)]Carl

bitshird

OK I had that coming, and bitshird is spelled correctly, yes it is an anagram which means precisely what it implies! It is a moniker I bear proudly; it was given to me by a former mentor, a Chief Petty Officer, under whom I served for 2 years.
Being a machinist, I don’t get offended easily.(yeah right)
Thanks for the warm reception, however, part of the problem really actually was the batteries in my keyboard passing into oblivion, Plus fat fingers and excitement didn’t help, I’ll do my best to keep within the bounds of proper English and grammar, considering I live in rural Tennessee, thatns gonna be sumwhut difikult
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom