My Mom Needs Your Prayers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Last Saturday I had to take my Mom to the hospital for a broken hip. She just turned 92 at the end of Nov. The hip bone broke basically from being so fragile and not from a true fall. Ever since, she has had one complication after another and they keep piling on. On 2 occasions already I thought I lost her. But she keeps fighting as she always did throughout her life. This has been a roller coaster ride from day one. They treat one thing but it affects other things. The pain is unbearable and I just wish I can trade places with her so badly. With the effects of dimentia on top of it all she does not understand.

What hurts so much is she trusts me so much and she keeps saying for me to stay with her. I have always been there for her and always will but this is something I can not fix. I have been praying so hard and will continue. When I lost my Dad 9 years ago I told him I would watch after Mom with all my heart and i have done that. This is tearing my heart out. Her buddy as she calls me can not help her.

I have seen the power of prayer work here so I turn to you to say a little prayer for my Mom in this time of need. Thank you all.

keithbyrd

Just prayed for your mom and you.
Philippians 4:6-7 6*do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7*And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

stonepecker

Saying prayers for your MOM. Sending good thoughts to you. Take it easy on yourself........somketimes all you can do is sit on the sidelines and hold their hands. That alone will be a comfort to her.

jttheclockman

Just got home from the hospital today which included more bad news and more complications. But I do have faith and do know that this many people are praying for her that gives me hope.

I want to thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart. Mom is still fighting.

tomtedesco

Your family is in our prayers. Don't beat yourself up over the things you cannot control. I am sure your dad is proud of what you have done for your mother and knows you are doing everything in your power to help.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Just an update on my Mom. Got home from the hospital after being there 2 days straight because I got a call late at night that my Mom was having difficulties and it was possible she would pass. She is still fighting but not doing well. We as a family had to make an agonizing decision yesterday and put her in Hospice. She is in too much pain and we can not keep having her go through procedures that are not working. Her quality of life will never be the same. It breaks my heart when I see her and how she smiles at me tells me Thank You every day. I keep telling her it is me who should be thanking her. Oh this is so so tough.

Thank you all for the prayers. She is in God's hands now.

Top Bottom