My latest efforts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dbledsoe

dbledsoe

Here are three pens I finished recently. The first is a pencil for my wife, made from a board I scavenged from the shack - I mean house- she was born in. It really is just a pile of old pine boards now. I filled the wormholes with turquoise powder.
Second is a really pretty pen made from a blank I got from Exotics. Unfortunately, I did not write down the name of the blank before I turned it down. And I can't find my order. Nice stuff, though. Maybe Ed can tell me. I like the #6 nibs, but they pretty much require 10 mm threads for the section, which pretty much require 14mm threads for the cap-body, which pretty much makes for a big pen.
The third one (brown), also from Exotics, I tried a little different arrangement on the body threads, copied from watch_art.
Let me know what you think. I was a little hesitant to show them after I watched the Japanese penmaker videos.

Attachments

• Pencil.jpg
    Pencil.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 157
  • blue1.jpg
    blue1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 155
  • blue2.jpg
    blue2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 123
  • brown1.jpg
    brown1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 136
  • brown2.jpg
    brown2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 125
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

anthonyd

I really like the blue one. I can use 12mm body to cap threads with a M9 x. 75 threads for the section and still use a #6 nib to make a smaller pen.

Tony

dbledsoe

I really like the blue one. I can use 12mm body to cap threads with a M9 x. 75 threads for the section and still use a #6 nib to make a smaller pen.

Tony

But when you put an 7mm hole in the end of the section, those 9x.75 threads are sitting on a really thin wall. I can't keep from breaking them.

eranox

You know, I think that clicker just may outshine the two kitless pens! It never hurts to have some personal significance, either. I'm sure it will be treasured. All three are just beautiful.

Top Bottom