My first pen of the year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

BigRob777

I always wanted to try a euro-style slimline and my wife wanted a slimline blackwood with sapwood for her student teacher, so I tried this style. I'm not really happy with the finish. It's my first enduro and it's not very glossy. I guess there's two ways to do a finish on these and I like the black pore filling much more than cleaning out the pores. I will make the waiste thicker on my next one too.

I thought of doing some trim lines (either skew tip grooves, or guitar string blackened, but opted out of both. Next one will be for my niece, from purpleheart, with an illegal CB (acacia wood from the Holy Land). I didn't know at the time, that it is not supposed to leave the country. Do you think I can do this style, with the CB attached to the clip end? I could do the burn lines on that one, to separate the colors difinitively. What do you all think? Anyone done this style before?

Thanks. comments welcome. Oh yeah, there are some light scratches in the wood. I didn't see them, when I was prepping the blank for finish. I need more light.

20085223914_DSCN1166.jpg

Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Thanks Chuck. I need to get resituated in my new turning shop, as I had to stand to make this one (oh, my aching back). I'm giving a turning demo at our mens' retreat. I may make it then.
Rob

BigRob777

James,
Nope, I'm on medral dose steroids, to combat the rash from blackwood and I washed off immediately, everytime I touched it. I refuse to let my allergy stop me from enjoying beautiful wood. Well, except for Bolivian Rosewood.:( Thanks again for inviting me to the BBQ. I had a great time.
Rob

Top Bottom