My Favotite Ringmaster Bowls So Far

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Have not tuned into this site as much as usual because of a higher than usual amount of friends and relatives visiting in July and August.

Got some small 4 to 5 inch X 16" logs of juniper from a neighbor about 5 years ago. At that time I cut them into 1" slices on the band saw. Last night I milled them down to 3/4" thick and glued them up int a flat board. Cut rings out of the flat board this morning and after the glue set for several hours I turned the board into this on the Ringmaster.
The photo doesn't come close to showing the beauty of that wood like it does in the hand and my shop smells wonderful as a bonus from working with it.
I had been told that a ringmaster required only tight grained hardwoods. This one blows that theory out of the water because Juniper is softwood and full of knots .

I won't be selling this one cheap. I will start at fifty bucks and only come down if it doesn't sell for that after half a dozen craft sales.

403747206.jpg

403747205.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Have not tuned into this site as much as usual because of a higher than usual amount of friends and relatives visiting in July and August.

Got some small 4 to 5 inch X 16" logs of juniper from a neighbor about 5 years ago. At that time I cut them into 1" slices on the band saw. Last night I milled them down to 3/4" thick and glued them up int a flat board. Cut rings out of the flat board this morning and after the glue set for several hours I turned the board into this on the Ringmaster.
The photo doesn't come close to showing the beauty of that wood like it does in the hand and my shop smells wonderful as a bonus from working with it.
I had been told that a ringmaster required only tight grained hardwoods. This one blows that theory out of the water because Juniper is softwood and full of knots .

I won't be selling this one cheap. I will start at fifty bucks and only come down if it doesn't sell for that after half a dozen craft sales.

Well, I don't thing you have to worry much with it, it will sell at the mentioned price, no problems...!

There is certainly a very pretty bowl but most of all very unusual and unique, I'm not familiar with that wood but I wish I had it, as it seems to be full of colour and character, and I like that...! It appears that it has a pleasant smell, that is always welcome...!

Well done...!

Cheers
George

W.Y.

George.
It smells exactly like aromatic red cedar and I have been told it is in the same family of trees.

plantman

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: Sorry Bill!! I didn't have a star in my images, so I had to give your bowl a 5 beer rating. I have never had a problem turning soft or knotty wood with my ring master, as long as the knots are tight. Now even when I turns pens with loose Knots or splits in the blanks, I flood them with CA first. Don't use excellorant!!!! I got my ring master out the other day, dusted it off , and put it on the to-do list. Came up on the schedule for June 2014. If you keep turning now, you won't have to do it later in the grave. Pease and good times!! Jim S

Top Bottom