Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ALLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ALLEN

Ni hao from Easton PA.
你的笔很棒,工艺很精细!
I really like the material, where does it come from?
JJ

-------------------------------------------------------
HI, JJ, Your chinese is very good, your friendly made me feel at home. 谢谢唉!祝福 中秋快乐!
all those material marble is come from CHINA, and it's very interesting and also very hard work to look for these natural stone. You know that is not all natural stone is seen as so beautiful, and not all stone can be made for the barrel, because the hardness is different. but I think it is very rich stone resources in CHINA, and i will collect more good natural stones in the future, and also share with everyone.
Do you have any good natural stone in your country? :)
and which pen is your favorite pen in my show photos? thanks

ALLEN

How heavy is the pen compared to a wood pen?

----------------------------------------------------

Hi, Scott, thank for your comment.

it's a little more heavy than a wooden pen, I had done the same thickness barrel as wood pen. For example, the Majestic Jr. pen is 60 gram, a Flat Top American pen is 43.2 gram.

B.REGARDS!

Allen

Lenny

Allen, where in China do you live?
My son spent some time teaching English at Sichuan University a couple years ago. He loved his time there!
Can't wait to see more of your pens!

JJturns

Thank you Allen 同样也祝你中秋快乐 but my Chinese gets worse without any practice. We do have some nice natural stone here but most pen makers do not use it because of the weight and difficulty to machine it. My favorite pen is your natural marble pen 02. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Yellow Mountain in China. Where are you located in China?
JJ

ALLEN

As to disadvantages, will it crack if it is dropped on a hard surface, like a concrete floor?

Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to share.

Again, Welcome!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mr. Ed Brown, thanks for your comment. I appreciate your hand-crafted writing instruments. It's a great job.

As to disadvantages, I agree with your opinion.
You know the marble barrel is easy to crack, but if we want to have own, how to use it? use carefully? don't drop?
There is a test result that when we dropped on a board floor anytime, It can't be cracked or broken. We had made a test that dropped the pen from a height of 4 feet on board floor, and we can't find any crack after more than 50 times.
but if dropped on concrete floor after 5 times it may be find a crack.

So another opinion if anything can protect on the surface?
Welcome all another opinion comments. Many thanks!

--------------------------------
ALLEN

-- Try my best and step by step......

ALLEN

----------------------------------------------------

Hi, Scott, thank for your comment.

it's a little more heavy than a wooden pen, I had done the same thickness barrel as wood pen. For example, the Majestic Jr. pen is 60 gram, a Flat Top American pen is 43.2 gram.

B.REGARDS!

Allen

------------------

HI, Scott, how do you think this kind of weight?
And What's your opinion to every my friends here. Many thanks!

ALLEN

ALLEN

Allen, where in China do you live?
My son spent some time teaching English at Sichuan University a couple years ago. He loved his time there!
Can't wait to see more of your pens!

---------------------------
Hi, lenny, thank you for your comment.

I am living in Southeast of China NingBo port city, near the ShangHai.
And Sichuan is a middle city of China, it's a very beautiful city, I love this city. Best wishs your son can enjoy his life in China, and welcome you to visit China.

ALLEN

ALLEN

Thank you Allen 同样也祝你中秋快乐 but my Chinese gets worse without any practice. We do have some nice natural stone here but most pen makers do not use it because of the weight and difficulty to machine it. My favorite pen is your natural marble pen 02. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Yellow Mountain in China. Where are you located in China?
JJ

------------------------
HI, My friend JJ, your Chinese is very well I believe. haha :) 谢谢。

Yes, your opinion is right. It's very difficult to looking for the nice natural stone.
Now I want to introduce my background. My family have a 10-year-old factory that working for the bathroom natural marble counter-top and bathroom cabinets. So I have the rich natural stone in store, and we have some big professional machines that can help to cut to small piece. Then I can make my pens.
And all material is come from Mountain in china now. and if have any chance I would like to try with import stone from your country or all over the world. thanks again JJ.

ALLEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom