Softball Fundraiser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodlvr

Woodlvr

I turned these two for my granddaughters softball fundraiser. My photo taking skills show I know. Comments and critiques welcome. First is a Red and Copper acrylic on a Copper Baron, the second is a Red Flamed Box Elder on a Sierra.

1_DSCI0240.JPG

1_DSCI0244.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Thanks jaeger. 93 looks and not even one comment. I am getting the feeling if I am not in the circle my posts are ignored and my pics get no comments and one like. I am wasting my time with this forum as due to my not being healthy enough to contribute a lot of pens my stuff is looked over. Sounds right to me. I will not post anymore and save myself some grief from my caring about this forum. Thanks anyway.

Lucky2

Hey Mike, I've never turned a pen yet, but maybe you could tell me what it is like to turn the Resin type blanks? Bye that way i think that both of these pens look great, and if I had to pick just one it would be the box elder, I just love the look of that wood.
Len

Woodlvr

Len,
The blanks turn great, with sharo tools it is like slicing butter, polishes up great with Novus 1,2,3. For me anyway. I love the Flame Box Elder also, the reds in it are awesome. I have a block that I have not had the nerve to cut up, have had it two years at least. Thanks.
Take care.

navycop

Mike, I hope you don't think we are all bad. I looked at the pictures and thought they were great. I just didn't think to put down "nice pens". That won't be very original.

jaeger

Thanks jaeger. 93 looks and not even one comment. I am getting the feeling if I am not in the circle my posts are ignored and my pics get no comments and one like. I am wasting my time with this forum as due to my not being healthy enough to contribute a lot of pens my stuff is looked over. Sounds right to me. I will not post anymore and save myself some grief from my caring about this forum. Thanks anyway.

Mike,
I know what you mean and I end up not posting a lot of photos as well. With that said I think your photos are still an important contribution to the forum. Try to look at it this way, over 90 people that really enjoy making pens were given the opportunity to see your new pens and admire the work. Lets face it, some of the pens shown here on this forum are simply, off the charts. I can guarantee you that if you would have said, I can't figure something out on this component set, you would have probably had 90 responses. That in my opinion is what makes this forum "go round."
A lot of people are taking a few seconds to look at these pens and moving on to the next post because they are trying to absorb the daily contributions and don't want to miss anything. I can look at your baron for 5 seconds and think to myself, COOL I like the color combinations, I like the clip placement and I really like the way the blank was orientated with the components. As far as the flaming box elder, we all know it's killer.
As far as responses, I thought the "like" button was going to be a great addition, but I see it used more and more on just the high end or very unique pens and I think that is not how it was intended. I believe it was intended as a quick "nice pen, thanks for showing" kind of option.

Thanks for taking the time to show us your pens Mike!

jaeger

I turned these two for my granddaughters softball fundraiser.

I'm sure these 2 pens will be a "Huge Hit" at the fundraiser.
Gotta love the girls softball. My niece is the starting pitcher for a Division I college. Softball has been very good to her. They have already played some preseason games in Las Vegas and they are currently in Florida - doing well.

We have been watching her play softball for 12 years and sadly, since she is a senior, this spring she will play her final games. Commitments to her career will keep her from being real active in softball, although there may be a girl or two around here that may get a lesson or two on a pretty nice rise ball.
This pitch has brought a tear to many an eye over the years.

rp_primary_Meyerize.jpg

Woodlvr

Thanks jaeger. My girls are 13,10, and 9. Our two oldest are pitchers, but the 10 yr old shows alot more potential and would like to use softball to get a scholarship to college, perhaps a little young yet but she is thinking good. My 9 yr old is a catcher and loves to get in there and protect "her" plate. We have an 8 yr old girl starting softball this month, the younger sister to the 9 and 10 yr old. Thanks for your comments.

juteck

My daughter has been at it since she's been 8. Now 15. We'll miss it if/when she gives it up -- it's been a great social event for us too, and a great circle of friends we've come across. Even better when those same parents join us on the baseball field with their sons and ours in little league.

Nice pens, by the way. I like the box elder the best as well, but wood has always been my personal preference.

PSU1980

Mike, I also like your pens. I'm sure that they will be a hit at the fundraiser and bring a good price. I have just bought some red flame box Elder and am looking forward to turning a pen.

Tim

gbpens

Mike,

Some fortunate person will be getting a beautiful pen while helping the team. Being asked to contribute to "fund raisers" is a real compliment to your work. Don't give up on us. Often we do not get on the computer every day.

Top Bottom