My big sale for the year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HeartofaPen

HeartofaPen

Sold this lot of pens to a Dr. I know. He gives them to the drug reps that come into his office. He got 16 pens that I made. The 3 on the left were freebies I through in.

Comments appreciated

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• _MG_4072.JPG
    _MG_4072.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 482
  • _MG_4078.JPG
    _MG_4078.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 273
  • _MG_4081.JPG
    _MG_4081.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 331
  • _MG_4085.jpg
    _MG_4085.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 348
  • _MG_4088.jpg
    _MG_4088.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 332
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Sold this lot of pens to a Dr. I know. He gives them to the drug reps that come into his office. He got 16 pens that I made. The 3 on the left were freebies I through in.

Comments appreciated

Thanks,
Chris
Hello Chris; Forgive me since it's none of my business. I'd be interested to know what you charged him per pen. Most look to be what I know as Cigar pens which I retail @ $55.00 per pen (plating dependant). For 16 at a time I most likely would discount by 15%. Am I close to what you charged him?

It's reasonably easy to make a large sale such as this dependant on what you charge for them.

It is not my intent to stir up the pot, just an observation and a question since comments were asked for!:)

David Keller

Nice pens and congrats on the sale... Just curious about why your doc is giving pens to the drug reps that come into his office? Sounds fishy to me.

studioso

as you might recall, pfitzer got a massive fine for inviting doctors to exotc golf-spa-resorts, to "train" them on their drug's properties (and how to best reccomend them to their custom- errhhh, patients). I can only imagine that many Dr are dying to get more educated!

but seriously, I'm not condemning, insinuating or saying anything negative about this particular Dr. There are plenty legit reasons to give gift to your drug rep. for example, if you want one of those miniature displays that show you how a throat looks like if you have asthma...

Phunky_2003

Chris,

Congrats on the sale. You've got a nice group of pens there. I am partial to the Republic of Texas blanks. :biggrin: Thats the first time I've seen the 50 or 100's made into pens.

Great job on all the pens. I am sure they will be happy.

wiset1

:eek:Amazing grouping of pens! You must have been so proud to make a sale like that. I think we all agree, the Texas pens look awesome:biggrin: and truth be told, being an IT guy for the military I like the Tech pens the best. These are extremely sharp looking...well done!

Bobalu

Great looking bunch of pens there. I know the drug reps have stopped giving away pens, as my wife is an RN in an OB-GYN office and my future daughter-in-law is a drug rep. Just didn't know the docs had stepped in to fill the void. Looks like your doc is really raising the bar.

HeartofaPen

Thanks for all of the compliments. The Republic of Texas blanks came from James (Punky_2003). I also have made a Bank of Chattanooga pen as well from one of his and 2 more sets on order. In fact, I have had to order even more of the Texas blanks from him as well. People seem to really like them.
I got $50.00 for the Republic of Texas pens, usually $65. The circuit board pens were $65 at the discount. The inlay kits were $75 to $85 due to the plating, and the cobra skin blanks were $85 each.
The 2 inlay kits in question are click pens kits. The ribbon is an elegant beauty click and the other a standard click. The last is a regular sierra with BT plating & Platinum I think.
As for the drug rep,. I believe that is what he told be but can never tell. Last year he bought I think 8 or so pens and gave them to employees I believe.

Thanks again for looking and the kind remarks.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks for all of the compliments. The Republic of Texas blanks came from James (Punky_2003). I also have made a Bank of Chattanooga pen as well from one of his and 2 more sets on order. In fact, I have had to order even more of the Texas blanks from him as well. People seem to really like them.
I got $50.00 for the Republic of Texas pens, usually $65. The circuit board pens were $65 at the discount. The inlay kits were $75 to $85 due to the plating, and the cobra skin blanks were $85 each.
The 2 inlay kits in question are click pens kits. The ribbon is an elegant beauty click and the other a standard click. The last is a regular sierra with BT plating & Platinum I think.
As for the drug rep,. I believe that is what he told be but can never tell. Last year he bought I think 8 or so pens and gave them to employees I believe.

Thanks again for looking and the kind remarks.
Hi Chris; I for one am glad to see that you got a decent price for your pens. Good Sale! I can't get my Doc interested in my pens at all.:mad:

Parson

All this time I thought drug reps dropping in on GP's all the time was a necessary evil the GP had to endure. They are salesmen in reality, pushing their brands.

Your doc is smart—giving the drug reps a pen for Christmas when they come in reinforces the relationship. If you've ever been given free samples of meds from your doc, they come from those drug rep.

ToddMR

Very nice group of pens. Congrats on such an outstanding sale! The quality of the pens looks really good too. Nicely done!

Top Bottom