My 5300 BANDSAW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

In common with umteen thousands who own this generic Bandsaw made in Taiwan the dust extraction is not at all effective the bottom outlet is useless the one under the table next to useless modified the top one the build up on the top guide rollers causes problems.

My answer was to fit a triangle across the suction area under the table and I am thinking to disconnect the lower one and just vac it out every now and then. I will devise a suction at the lower guides themselves but not much room to move.

Anyone have their solution?

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Have you thought about having a sheet of rubber over that steel under the brush? Zero clearance that way, but I bet sawdust still goes by.

KBs Pensnmore

Hi Peter,
I think the biggest problem is the lack of air getting into the base wheel. I solved that by drilling with a 4" hole saw in the door near the top and putting a bit perforated mesh over it to protect little and big fingers. Helps a great deal.
Kryn

PenPal

Kryn show me by picture mate this was my next step I figured it was creating a negative pressure with two 4 inch suckers out there is a tunnel on the LHS to the top near the hinge though.

Thanks Peter.

Top Bottom