My 15 minutes of woodturning fame

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

A couple months ago I was interviewed by the Rochester edition of 55 PLUS magazine about my woodturning hobby. The article is in the current edition. I can't get a link directly to the article to work but if you go to Headlines | 55 Plus Magazine, for Rochester's active adults you can click on the Current Edition on the top right side of the home page. The article is on pages 42 and 43.

There are several mis-quotes in the article so if you are wondering 'why did Jim say that?' The answer is I probably didn't say it.

I did mention both IAP and the local turning club but she only put the local club info in the article. Oh, and I would never refer to myself as a 'Woodworking Wizard' as the article does.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

55 uh? That's still another 30yrs away for me. At least I keep telling folks that.....

Congrats!

Scott (my fame will only last 15milli-seconds) B

JimB

55 uh? That's still another 30yrs away for me. At least I keep telling folks that.....

Congrats!

Yeah, that was a bit painful to say I was being interviewed because I'm 'old'. But on the other hand, I play basketball twice a week where I am the oldest guy. The next oldest is 6 years younger than me and the ages go down into the twenties. I can (almost) keep up with all of them. I guess I'm not THAT old:).

Skie_M

Congrats!

Yeah, that was a bit painful to say I was being interviewed because I'm 'old'. But on the other hand, I play basketball twice a week where I am the oldest guy. The next oldest is 6 years younger than me and the ages go down into the twenties. I can (almost) keep up with all of them. I guess I'm not THAT old:).

Just keep away from that hopscotch court .... if your avatar is any reference, it's a mean one!

Top Bottom