Mr. Anonymous Game #6 @ 26/9/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Just sent the PP to you George... Thanks for your (& Mr Anonymous) generosity in awarding both of us... I know Edgar's response helped me get it technically correct. Edgar, I just cast your Sept PITH that I'm making for you. Will let it cure for a couple of days before turning. Already have a little something extra to send with it as thanks for your help.
Jeff

Hi jeff,

Paypal received, thanks...!

I will get it in the mail tomorrow morning...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

I knew the right answer but thought I was ineligible due to the 90 day period... and if you need some ocean front property I have some in Colorado too. :)

Hi Mitch,

Since I started these Mr. Anonymous games, the 90 days "probation" is only 30 days now, as I explained on post #29.

However, nothing stops you to participate and if you know the corrects answers, is up to you if you want to post them or not, if you are within the 30 days from a previous award, you know that I will not count that answer and wait for someone else to guess it right...!

I just want to distribute the prizes as wide as possible, so that everyone endup with something, sounds fair, huh...???

Cheers
George

wyone

George,

Apparently my weird sense of humor did not come through the last post. I was TOTALLY clueless to even guess. :) I did however try and find examples online and did follow the thread daily.

I seriously doubt that I can find answers faster than some of these guys who have been turning for years, but that said, it does not mean I will not still try. :) I think it is an awesome idea and I enjoy following and attempting to find answers a lot.

Krash

Sorry Kelly...!:frown:

Cheers
George

ABSOLUTELY no problem! I have already benefited from your and Mr. Anonymous's generosity. It's a very good thing to spread the fun around. I just forgot about the 30 day penalty box rule. :turtle:
I gotta figure out when I'm eligible again. MA#5 ended 9/5 so I assume 10/5? In the mean time, maybe I'll try to either guess or toss in some clues of my own.

It's still all fun! :biggrin:

SteveJ

Congrats to the winners. George, would you mind explaining how in your twisted mind (meant to be don't not insulting...) an Australian fig tree relates to either a cow or milk? Do you drink fig milk down there? Is that like chocolate milk here in the states?

I've got to pay cloose attention to who has won and not take their guesses of my list of available guesses! I actually keep track of each guess and don't repeat any if possible. Good game. Hopefully I'll have time next week.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks George - I appreciate your generous decision, but I would not have felt slighted in the least if you had only awarded a single prize to Jeff as you had originally intended.

I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but here's the way my thought process went: After your post #53, I figured that the fig guess was correct, but you wanted more specifics. However, Jeff beat me to the correct answer at post #54 & since you had stipulated a single winner for this contest, I figured there was no point in repeating his guess. Then at #63 when you begged me for the right answer, I still had no clue that you were giving me a chance for a second prize or perhaps to even supplant Jeff as the winner (which I certainly would not have wanted to do since he was the first to supply the specific answer you were looking for).

Somewhere around post #70, it finally dawned on me that you were looking for the word "wood" in the answer (did I mention that I'm sometimes slow on the uptick?), but I was still hung up by the fact that Jeff had already given the proper answer for what I thought the blanks were, so I thought maybe you were trying to trick us with the type of cut (did I mention that I'm sometimes slow on the uptick?).

Anyway, this was a lot of fun (frustrating at times, but fun for sure) and I thank both you and Mr. A for running these contests - they are also a great learning experience.

Edgar

robutacion

Congrats to the winners. George, would you mind explaining how in your twisted mind (meant to be don't not insulting...) an Australian fig tree relates to either a cow or milk? Do you drink fig milk down there? Is that like chocolate milk here in the states?

I've got to pay cloose attention to who has won and not take their guesses of my list of available guesses! I actually keep track of each guess and don't repeat any if possible. Good game. Hopefully I'll have time next week.

G'day mate,

You have obviously not read my post #53, it explains that relationship.

As far as I know, all Fig trees that I ever known, the sap is pure white, snapping small branches and pulling undeveloped figs from the tree, will produce always a couple of drops (or more) of this white sap that, looks exactly like natural milk.

The formula, is like this, COWS = MILK = Fig tree sap...! capish...???:wink::biggrin:

You have obviously never been caught up with this sap otherwise, you would never forget, [articularly if you rubbed your hand in your eyes, believe me, who would know...!:eek::)

Cheers
George

robutacion

Thanks George - I appreciate your generous decision, but I would not have felt slighted in the least if you had only awarded a single prize to Jeff as you had originally intended.

I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but here's the way my thought process went: After your post #53, I figured that the fig guess was correct, but you wanted more specifics. However, Jeff beat me to the correct answer at post #54 & since you had stipulated a single winner for this contest, I figured there was no point in repeating his guess. Then at #63 when you begged me for the right answer, I still had no clue that you were giving me a chance for a second prize or perhaps to even supplant Jeff as the winner (which I certainly would not have wanted to do since he was the first to supply the specific answer you were looking for).

Somewhere around post #70, it finally dawned on me that you were looking for the word "wood" in the answer (did I mention that I'm sometimes slow on the uptick?), but I was still hung up by the fact that Jeff had already given the proper answer for what I thought the blanks were, so I thought maybe you were trying to trick us with the type of cut (did I mention that I'm sometimes slow on the uptick?).

Anyway, this was a lot of fun (frustrating at times, but fun for sure) and I thank both you and Mr. A for running these contests - they are also a great learning experience.

Edgar

No problem, mate...!:wink:

I tell you a little secret, when you see someone putting a guess with the answer you believe is the correct one, and you have passed the 30 days (since the last prize awarded), don't hesitate to post what you think is correct, make sure you provided the most complete and clear response to the question(s), you never know, your answer can be more complete that the previous member, and I may, under certain circumstances, I may endup awarding multiple winners so, you have to be in it to win it and if doesn't happen, is always the next time, huh...???:biggrin:

While you are having fun, that's all it counts, the blanks are only a bonus...!:)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom