Mr. Anonymous Game #6 @ 26/9/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Well, fig & mulberry are the only two on your list that I know of with milky sap, so I'll go with mulberry - diagonal cut

robutacion

#73 White (milk) diagonal cut-it's too light for chocolate milk...

Well, the #73 is a white wood that I haven't been able to identify yet, and while at least it has a very light colour wood, the reason I called it white wood, I didn't see anything on this wood that would remind me of milk so, this one ain't it, either...!

Cheers
George

SteveJ

curly gum tree straight cut

G'day mate,

Is any particular reason why you believe that, a blank having the grain running in an angle, could a be straight cut or with the grain, blank...???

Cheers
George

Because it is cuddly and the pictures I looked at seemed to show it as a possibility. Plus diagonal cut seemed like it was to obvious and you've been known to pull some tricks on us.

But after looking at it some more, I guess it isn't as light as the pictures in this thread.

I was also going with the gum theme for the core chewing...

There is always next week or month!

robutacion

G'day mate,

Is any particular reason why you believe that, a blank having the grain running in an angle, could a be straight cut or with the grain, blank...???

Cheers
George

Because it is cuddly and the pictures I looked at seemed to show it as a possibility. Plus diagonal cut seemed like it was to obvious and you've been known to pull some tricks on us.

But after looking at it some more, I guess it isn't as light as the pictures in this thread.

I was also going with the gum theme for the core chewing...

There is always next week or month!

Well, fair enough...!

As for me pulling tricks, really...???:rolleyes: well, maybe a little, sometimes...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hummm..., is someone here that has been very close, twice but, I never gt more than a "insinuation" and, I need a conclusive answer, one that is clearly understood by everyone...!:biggrin:

This will be my last clues of this game so, I will expect the full correct answer, please...!

OK so, on my opening post, I gave my first clue but saying that this tree species, have something to do with the eyes, and unless you have never experience milk sap in your hands and then, rubbing a itchy eye with your fingers, you would have no idea of what I'm talking about, it hurts/burns like hell...!:eek::mad:

This tree is a fruit tree species, the milk sap comes out of broken branches and from the green/not yet developed fruit, when pulled from the tree. I sticky concoction with a strong smell that gets on everything (both, smell and stickiness...!:mad:) How do I know that...??? have a guess...!

Cheers
George

SteveJ

Australian Grevillea bush diagonal cut

Not sure I would understand this choice, but it has green fruit and sap which is used medicinally although the sap contains cyanide, which might actually hurt if you got it in your eyes.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
#57 - peppercorn - diagonal cut

My final answer

You didn't say that it was a sweet fruit

robutacion

#57 - peppercorn - diagonal cut

My final answer

You didn't say that it was a sweet fruit

No, I didn't, I love the buggers, there are a few varieties that I enjoy most when ripe, the " white Honey tear" ones are very sweet, but as dry, the back ones are amazingly good...!

I'm surprised as to why, you haven't yet provided me with the answer I'm after, you already know what it is, and you been around the issue twice but, you have not yet gave me the complete answer, and I would like that, please...!

I know that I have a "situation" in hand as a result but, I'm trying to do the right thing here so, please don't complicate things for me and give me the answer I need...!:):biggrin:

Oh...! that fruit when not ripe, is far from being sweet, it tastes horrible...!:mad:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Huummmm ... if not straight cut, what else could it be? :confused:

Well, from the #8 Curly gum, I have the follows blanks types;

*- Curly gum straight cut

*- Curly gum diagonal cut

*- Curly gum cross cut

*- Curly gum two tone

*- Curly gum spalted

*- Curly gum vein (like gold veins in caves)

*- Curly gum cigar wood 100%

*- Curly gum cigar wood 50/50

*- Curly gum Stabilized in some of these variations

*- Curly gum Resifills

Is this sufficient...???

I have many wood species that I make similar variations from (maybe not as many but, close enough for some), just imagine the 81 wood species and all its variations, it probably reaches 400 or more types of blanks I deal with, have to organise and store for easy reach, if possible so, next time, I would thing twice and asking me a similar question, you may get surprised with the answer...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Just in case you are testing me to figure out, how many different blanks from me, you can use to make pens with, I wouldn't worry to much, you may grow grey full hair, before you use/try them all...!:)

Cheers
George

Krash

I'm just trying to seed the guessing process by asking questions. I guess I'm up a blue river without a wooden paddle!

Skeleton2014

Based on clues and George's hints to Ed, I still think it's #62, Australian Fig tree wood but we haven't got the combination of cuts right. His timber lists only X and Z cuts, which I and Ed already mentioned. Looking at the pic on right (3 blanks) could he be tricking us? So, I'll say all 3 cuts... Cross cut, straight cut, and diagonal cut.

robutacion

And the winner is...???

OK folks, time to wrap this one up, huh..???:wink:

Well, this game was interesting, in more ways than I can describe, we had Krash given the correct answer " #62 Australian Fig tree wood cut in diagonal" on post #20 but, it didn't count as Kelly has had a win in less than 1 month so, as per the rules, I couldn't award him with the prize so, I disregarded his answer and waited for someone else to come through with the correct answer, and Mr. edohmann decided to play tricks on me and answer with insinuations on post #34 and 36.

The problem is that, I require the correct answer in all its true definition why,
because I'm known to make pen blanks out of anything, including fruits (have you forgotten the blanks I made not that long ago with a toasted slice of raisins bread...??:eek:) and many others...!

I may understand what the hint means but, others may not have a clue and question the reasons why the prize was awarded, with such answers so, to make it clear to everyone, I need "clear" answers, please.

On post #47, Mr. edohmann continued to be around the correct answer but, still not specific, despite the fact that, I asked him to clarify (he just wanted to give me a hard time, huh...!:))

On post #54 Skeleton2014, Jeff shot a bullseye, with the exact answer I was looking for, still I waited for edohmann to "clean" his answer a little, to what it needed to be but, on post #67 he shot a 9 with is Z & X answer but, the "Fig tree" word was there so, I knew that, I wasn't going to get any better from him, he got confused and didn't realised that, in all his attempts he never gave me the correct answer, despite of being so damn close...!:redface: That was frustrating to see...!

There were some very reasonable guesses, based of the pics shown, great possibilities but not the correct ones...!

So, I'm left with another decision to make, who am I going to award the prize, particularly when I had already stipulated 1 single prize...!
However, there is one point that, made me to reconsider and that was the fact that, after Kelly, edohmann was the first one to mention the word "fig", I knew what he meant and I know that, was the fig tree that he was thinking about so, I decided to award equal prizes to skeleton2014 and edohmann

I want the games to be fun BUT fair so, I hope that everyone else understands that I don't play "preferences" with anyone however, I have to maintain some sort of common sense, running these games...!

OK, skeleton and edohmann, you guys are both winners and therefore will receive identical blanks, the parcel size will be 500gr to the shipping cost will be AU$14.00 for each one of you, please Paypal me to nyodine@yahoo.com.au, thanks...!

Thank you very much for everyone's participation, I always appreciate having lots of people guessing so, once again, thank you...!:wink::biggrin:

Sorry Kelly...!:frown:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Skeleton2014

Just sent the PP to you George... Thanks for your (& Mr Anonymous) generosity in awarding both of us... I know Edgar's response helped me get it technically correct. Edgar, I just cast your Sept PITH that I'm making for you. Will let it cure for a couple of days before turning. Already have a little something extra to send with it as thanks for your help.
Jeff

Top Bottom