Mr. Anonymous Game #5 @ 11/9/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I got up this morning and I had a shock when I saw my inbox, 54 emails...!:eek:, that was a record...!

All from IAP, letting me know someone has posted on game #5, chezzz you guys are keen...!:wink::biggrin:

Someone may already have guessed it correctly, and if fact, I recall saying that, wasn't that long ago that I spoke of this material, the colour is unique, there aren't many woods with such colour so, I brought back here the thread where I mention this material, have a look and tell me what you think...! here

I will be back later, I have to go as see the doctor for me and Merissa

Cheers
George

robutacion

#45 Banksia Hairy pods

Hey Kelly, what is your excuse...???:eek::wink::biggrin: here

And...! haven't you guys and gals, remember this

Cheers
George

I don't have one! :rolleyes:

This wood kinda reminded me of my Ponderosa bark pen.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/bark-like-pen-121650/

Yes indeed, and for whatever the reason, the first link on my previous post, was suppose to be the one of your Ponderosa Pine bark but, that was not what I endut putting on the post, sorry. They all very identical but, not all pines species grow bark that thick.

Cheers
George

robutacion

And the winner is...???

Pine bark.

Yes indeed Kelly, that was the correct answer, you won it fair and square, all by yourself, congratulations on your win...!:wink::biggrin:

I have pretty much hinted what is was after I said that, the winner may have been already, I said that on post #96 and then, on post #110, I kept repeating 75, 75, 75 and that was off-course the winning post on this game.

It was fun, I saw people suggestion lots of woods species, that are nearly as white as my bum :eek::) and that made my day...!

As for those that gave the correct guess after I basically spelled out what it was, is no prize for you guys this time, this was a 1 off prize, sorry...!

For those that went to my store looking to see if I had them there sorry folks, the 7 packs have been done for a couple of weeks or so, and I waited for this game to end so that I could list them (private web-store, only), there will be only 6 packs of 5 blanks, the 7th pack, the prize, that is actually # 001 of the batch.

Ok, OK, stop those tears, is always, next time, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Thank you very much, to all participants for playing the game, I hope you had fun, as I did...!:laugh:

Now Mr.Kelly, you know the routine, Paypal me the AU$10.00 to nyodine@yahoo.com.au, Australia Post has increased their prices, in the beginning of last month (August), I have been covering the differences but is time to get things "square". There is not a big increase, still it works about AU$1.00 for every 1/4 of a kilo, slightly less when go over 2kg total weight...!

A word of caution, they are a challenge, despite the bark being stabilized, it didn't make a great deal of difference on the inside of the blank, the numbers you've seen on my hardness durometer tests, signify the softness of this material and then the surface hardness after stabilized, the test shows double hardness but, as soon as you cut through the surface that has extra dry juice from the cooking step and varnish, the inner part is a lot softer than the PR so, use the flap disc mate, it will cut evenly but if using any cutting tool, be aware of digging in coming off the resin and cutting "valleys" on the pine bark. Be careful also with the sanding, for those same reasons, the end results are out of this world but, you and anyone that want to try them, have to put the effort and be gentle, all the way...! capish...???:wink:

OK, lets wrap game #5 up, possible due to Mr. Anonymous generosity, so folks, please don't forget that...!

Cheers
George

Krash

Wow, thanks so much George ... and Mr. Anonymous! :handshake:

I am honored to be gifted with some truely unique and unusual blanks. They won't go to waste! :embarrassed:

For everyone else, keep putting those guesses in :bananen_smilies035:
You never know when you might stumble on the correct answer!

G'Day mate!

Top Bottom