More Excitment for SC

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patharris

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Ok you guys compliment has encouraged me to post a couple more pics of things I made in the last two weeks. Remember, I'm still a baby at woodturning, so with that I hope you enjoy my first birdhouse, another bottlestopper ( tulipwood & spalted maple) and a 306 bullet pen set. I just love making the little birdhouses, great box work practice and everyone seems to love them.

Pat
Lexington, SC

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Ruth, Thank you. Yes the wood on the stopper is Tulipwood, however, I used some EEE sanding sealer and it turned the wood into that light amber color. I was disappointed and learned not to use it on light color woods again. The bridhouse is hollowed out in both pieces to make it light and delicate in weight. It is osage orange base and redheart top.
Pat
Lexington.SC

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
titan2, sorry for the delay in a response. I get the birds from Michaels. Our Hobby Lobby doesn't carry them. they are call mushroom birds and are used alot in flower arrangments and decorations.
Pat

Tom D

Hi Pat,
I can't let my wife see the bird house, she will have me out in the shop turning one. It really looks good. The bottle stoppers are nice but I cant stop looking at the bird house.

Top Bottom