Moose Antler Man Return

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stoneman

stoneman

I haven't been following the site for some time now but thought I would pop back in. I have some pens to turn this summer, so I hope to visit more again. Not sure how the membership may have changed but some of you may recall I was (and am) in to crafting with moose antler (which my black lab finds up in Vermont and New Hampshire).

Thought I would pop in and post a picture of a hanging wall lamp I recently finished with a custom shade that a friend of a friend made me using some ruffed grouse feathers I supplied along with a few slices of Brazilian agate (stone).

Hey - shout out to Gay Max if you're still involved here. And thanks to the many pen turners who helped me along directly or just by postings pics and tips.

Attachments

• H225 Lamp (On) - X.jpg
    H225 Lamp (On) - X.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 346
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fishinbo

Love it. Great and creative use of different materials. Like the effect on the feather with the light and the antler makes a unique stand. Truly an eye catcher, well done!

JohnU

Looks great Steve! Glad to see and Riley are still finding them. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

stoneman

Riley is still on the job

Looks great Steve! Glad to see and Riley are still finding them. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Hi John. I remember you (and Cindy) from the forum as well. How have you folks been?

This spring Riley found 26 moose sheds and a deer skull still sporting the horns. At ten years old he is still finding shed antlers every spring. More materials for pens, lamps, etc. :)

Last spring the local public television station did a ten minute segment about Riley. If you are interested, you can see him in action at Video: Shed Hunt, Pine Mountain WMA, Vermont Big Game Trophy Club | Watch Outdoor Journal Online | VPT/Vermont Public Television Video

Attachments

• Riley & His 27 From 2013 X.JPG
    Riley & His 27 From 2013 X.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Riley Finds One In The Snow X.jpg
    Riley Finds One In The Snow X.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 162

JohnU

Hi John. I remember you (and Cindy) from the forum as well. How have you folks been?

This spring Riley found 26 moose sheds and a deer skull still sporting the horns. At ten years old he is still finding shed antlers every spring. More materials for pens, lamps, etc. :)

Last spring the local public television station did a ten minute segment about Riley. If you are interested, you can see him in action at Video: Shed Hunt, Pine Mountain WMA, Vermont Big Game Trophy Club | Watch Outdoor Journal Online | VPT/Vermont Public Television Video

Been good, Thanks. I really enjoyed that video. Makes me want to get a dog and run for the woods. Congrats on the successful spring! and thanks again for sharing the link.

PaulDoug

I remember you moose pens. I alway thought the moose made prettier pens than deer, based on the ones you showed. Cool lamp, and the video was awesome.

Welcome back.

Top Bottom