Mirage Sapphire WOW!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Hey Bob, I've done a few blanks with that stuff too. Very pretty . . . . . . . and expensive.:eek:

You did what I did. Just a solid color. I didn't bother with seeing the gel time on this color. Experimenting with this color with other colors will be interesting.

Bobostro61

Actually, the pic only shows the first half of the pour. I mixed in a combination of interference blue with some Micro Pearl added. Looks like its gonna make a cool blank.

BSea

Actually, the pic only shows the first half of the pour. I mixed in a combination of interference blue with some Micro Pearl added. Looks like its gonna make a cool blank.
Was the setup time about the same as usual? I've had problems with some blues in the past.

Bobostro61

Was the setup time about the same as usual? I've had problems with some blues in the past.

No it wasn't. The blue took in the neighborhood of 1/2 an hour before it even started to appear to be setting up. I was actually wondering if I forgot to add the catalyst!

BSea

No it wasn't. The blue took in the neighborhood of 1/2 an hour before it even started to appear to be setting up. I was actually wondering if I forgot to add the catalyst!
That's my problem with several of the blue micas from coastal. They almost all seem to take longer to setup. I had 1 the other day that I literally poured the blue part out of the mold the next day. I did get another pour to gel, but I waited 2 days, then put it in the toaster oven for about 1.5 hours. Then after getting it out, I didn't like it. But that's about the worst case I've ever had.

Top Bottom