Midwest Winner pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

I finally just got back from another part of my tour, this time to Wisconsin for the Midwest scrollsaw trade show. I entered my 5 scrollsaw pens and my "Royal Entourage" intarsia. Couple more shows with my intarsia and my goal of not being able to see the picture at all anymore should be achieved! <big smile> The intarsia took first place, best of complex category, peoples choice and best of show ribbons.
The "Space Odessey" pen and the "Screaming Eagle" antler pen where placed in the complex open class taking a first and second place ribbon.
The "Dragon Breath", "Littlest Mermaid", and "Kokopelli", where in the intermediate open class and took first, second and fourth place ribbons.
Shows are a bit slow this year unfortunately with the very high gas prices, but I had a great time. I also won quite a bit of wood and enough magazine certificates to keep me in books and subscriptions for several years to come!

Attachments

• show 005.jpg
    show 005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 206
  • show 001.jpg
    show 001.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 279
  • show 002.jpg
    show 002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 257
  • show 003.jpg
    show 003.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nylajune

Congratulations, Jeff! They are all absolutely fantastic! The "Space Odessey" is my favorite. I have this thing for stars and moons....especially shooting stars. :smile-big:

altaciii

Jeff,
great job with the sweep of awards. I have to ask, do you cut the inlay pockets out yourself then cut the inlay, all on a scroll saw? How do you do it? those are some beauties. Makes one want to go out to the shop and start my own!

workinforwood

Jeff,
great job with the sweep of awards. I have to ask, do you cut the inlay pockets out yourself then cut the inlay, all on a scroll saw? How do you do it? those are some beauties. Makes one want to go out to the shop and start my own!

Well, I'd like to simply lay it all out there, but...there is a possibility of a magazine article happening, and so if I told you everything I do, then why buy the magazine? I certainly do want to thank everyone here for there support and encouragement!

Top Bottom