Mid sized pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Guys, help me out here.. I need to fill a gap, I need an inexpensive kit pen (like the cigar) that fits between the slimline & the cigar. I have a lot of people who love the cigar but think it is just too big and heavy, but like the "upscale" design. I am kinda looking at the European or the one like the Americana. What are the pros & cons of the 2 kits? Any other kits? I want to add a roller ball to my line as well, but that can be by it self..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cd18524

The elegant american IMO fits what you are looking for. It is a very good seller for me. You need to be careful with this kit, it is very sensitive to length.
Chris

gerryr

Try the Olympia from AZ Silhouette, much less fussy than the Elegant American and no sharp edges to slice up the customer's fingers. The Berea Round Top Euro(Parker refill) is a really nice mid size pen, but the length of the upper tube is extremely critical.

Would something like this fit the bill. The Olympia from AZ Silhouette. Here's a pic from my album. I shorten the upper barrel by about 1/4" and turn the lower barrel to match the CB.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
2005993175_Olympia%20Chakte%20Viga.jpg
<br />

Ron Mc

I would also consider the "Sierra" style. Light weight, easy to use, and fast to create.

Jerryconn

If you're looking at it from the weight perspective the European (or it's equilivent from other suppliers) is noticeably lighter than any of the Classic/Americanna designs. The Euro take a Cross and the Classic takes a parker refill.

gerryr

Originally posted by Jerryconn
<br />The Euro take a Cross and the Classic takes a parker refill.

That depends on whose Euro you make. Berea has two different Euro kits, the "Gold Top European Pen" which uses Cross refills and the "Round Top European Style" which uses Parker refills.

Dario

My choices are...

Sierra,
Perfect Fit,
Round Top Euro (Parker Refill)

BTW, all these can be bought from Arizona Silhouette.

Ron Mc

I would classify the Olympia kit in the "Not a fast turning pen". It is extremely critical that the turning to bushing is dead on or you will have issue with the band in the middle. This particular kit also requires yo to turn to off to tube on the lower part of the top barrel.
Of course this is only my opinion.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom