Metal look

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
David,

http://www.exoticblanks.com/index.p...category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

This page is the silver metallic and there is an arrow at the top of the page for the bronze page.

These are Polyresins that I purchase from Europe and import. They look VERY similar to metal. But, there ARE "flaws" from time to time, where the pattern is not completely "pure", looks like a "fold".

Hope this helps, it sounds to me like what you are describing.

I have NO IDEA how they make them. The thickness of the finished pen has no bearing on the look, it will always look like a shiny surface.

Befuddled!!

JJturns

The manufactured blanks that are made of real metal look the closest to solid metal. At metalpenblanks.com they have real metal composite blanks made in the U.S. I have ordered some but haven't turned them yet.

JJ

johnnycnc

I have made pens that are real metal.
Aluminum, copper and brass all are within your reach on a wood lathe.
PM me if you want to try one from real metal, I can offer some assistance!

djpnevans

Thanks for the replys. William you are on the money with that site, do you now how they are made. Johnnycnc I will keep you in mind when I get some metal for a local guy.
Thanks David

I have turned three of the M3 blanks and they areeverything they say they are. Not cheap but if you want something that is metal they aree the blanks to use. They turn just fine with wood turning tools.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks for the replys. William you are on the money with that site, do you now how they are made. Johnnycnc I will keep you in mind when I get some metal for a local guy.
Thanks David

David,

The makers of specialty blanks like these and the TruStone blanks keep their manufacturing process a closely guarded secret. I think you would have to be James Bond (the real one, Sean Connery, not the pretenders :)) to discover how they are made. BTW, the blanks Ed4copies mentioned are pretty sweet as well.

Top Bottom