Matched set for my daughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from neurotictim

neurotictim

So my almost 12-year-old daughter lives 500 miles away from me with her mother, and when I first got my website up and running, I sent her a link to it, and told her to pick whatever she liked, and I would make her a pen (or whatever she wanted, really) - I even extended the offer to my ex-wife.

She said she likes the acrylics, and her favorite colors are blue, green, and black. To paraphrase, "Any combination of those colors, as long as it's pretty and swirly." :giggle:

So I picked out a matching pair of American Slim black stripe kits from Woodcraft, and wrapped em in Azurite acrylic blanks. Took pictures of the whole process and made a slideshow, so she could see how it was done. The pics aren't the greatest, but given the spur-of-the-moment idea of photographing the process, I'm pleased.

(Click to start slideshow)

SDC11549.jpg

Not bad for a day's work.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Beautiful set!!! She will love them. You will be lucky if she ends up content with those and not asking for more!!!

Job well done!!!

JohnU

Nice job with the set and the photo. I like the slideshow. Im sure she enjoyed it, especially knowing it was all for her. Great job! My daughter is one of my biggest pen fans. I totally spoil her with them and she loves it. She now comes up with her own ideas of what I should cast in her pens and has all of her friends wanting them. It sure keeps you making more and loving it.

Last edited:

neurotictim

I haven't gotten into casting just yet... But it's going to happen soon. I spend more time in the IAP library than can possibly be good for me... or my wallet. ;)

She'll be right about the age where I'll feel comfortable teaching her about power tools soon, so I think this would be a great thing to use as a primer, so to speak.

Top Bottom