Masur Birch - Dbl closed-end, hidden clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greggas

Martin;

Gorgeous pen, how did I miss this one??

What is the finish? It looks rather subtle and matte...I love this pen!

MartinPens

greggas said:
Martin;

Gorgeous pen, how did I miss this one??

What is the finish? It looks rather subtle and matte...I love this pen!

The lighting is soft. It has the standard CA glassy finish. Thanks for the comment. It feels good to make a high quality pen.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great on the front page :biggrin:

This was posted some time ago, but it has been on my list to feature for months.

MartinPens

Thanks Jeff! That one is a blast from the past. Since that one, I finally eliminated the black ring and upgraded components to Titanium and got rid of the black plastic. I still love Masur Birch and have some sitting and waiting for me - if I get a chance to make something other than Cigar Illusion Pens in the near future. :)

Martin

wiset1

It's always refreshing seeing your work Martin! Always beautiful wood, shape, and design. Until I'm off the road I have to live through your work, ha ha. Amazing as always

scotian12

Beautiful pen Martin. I didn't realize that I was looking at old posts until I got to the end. Was a UTube tutorial of the clip ever posted and where. Also how did you overcome the black centerband and third do you have a picture of the new pen? I love the wood and your craftsmanship. Darrell Eisner

MartinPens

Nice piece of timber!! Is the clip glued in, or did you use something else inside the cap?

Scott (smooth on the outside too) B

There are some great tutorials in the Library under "Techniques" including the one I did in 2011 - Hidden Clip using a Dremel. I also really like the one by Bill Jackman from 2006 "Clips, Recessed" - but I would shorten the piece that is inserted into the cap.

Beautiful pen Martin. I didn't realize that I was looking at old posts until I got to the end. Was a UTube tutorial of the clip ever posted and where. Also how did you overcome the black centerband and third do you have a picture of the new pen? I love the wood and your craftsmanship. Darrell Eisner

I hope it's not breaking the rules, but here is the link to the Masur Birch pen that followed this one.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/masur-birch-hidden-clip-closed-end-89324/

: ) It's fun to show off our creativity in the "Show Off' section!! :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for the comments. Always a priviledge to represent. This forum has taught me sooooo much and I'm still constantly inspired even though I spend WAY less time on here than I used to.

Regards

Top Bottom