Marbled Red Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this AM. It's Marbled Red Ebonite, a complimentary blank, from Exotic Blanks. Placed it on a Black Titanium Fountain Pen that I had. Dawn warned me and she was right. It does have an distinctive "burning rubber" sulfur like odor :eek: when drilling and turning. I used both the sandpaper and MM wet to prevent over heating as well as minimize the odor. Have a great Sunday. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Ebonite Navigator_2.jpg
    Ebonite Navigator_2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Ebonite Navigator_1.jpg
    Ebonite Navigator_1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Ebonite Navigator.jpg
    Ebonite Navigator.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 165
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Nice work Doc! But I spotted a fingerprint! LOL, first pic on the nib holder section, your slippin', your slippin'!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Just bustin' your chops my brotha~!

jttheclockman

I spotted a hump in the lower barrel:) Maybe the photo though. Boy that is some collection brewing. Thanks for showing and the material has some nice color variations in it.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Geeze Doc---TOUGH crowd!!!!

I don't see any fingerprints---but then I can't see very well.

I do notice the clip hits just above the centerband. Usually there is a quarter inch gap there--so, new design? (If so, I think I like it!!) or longer clip? Or "lathe induced redesign" (if so, been there, done that!!)

Thanks for showing ----NICE pen and great shine for ebonite.

wizard

OK guys...well..it is a nice day...Ed.. I had a "tube that didn't make it all the way in" redesign and the remedy called for the "shortening the blank" technique resulting in the "clip too close to the centerband" phenomena.:rolleyes: Seamus..I totally forgot my white gloves this morning...I am slipping :biggrin:. John..Put the bump there to see if you were awake...:biggrin: Man, did you guys have a hard Saturday night or what :wink:. Regards, Doc

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK ...Ed.. I had a "tube that didn't make it all the way in" redesign and the remedy called for the "shortening the blank" technique resulting in the "clip too close to the centerband" phenomena...... Regards, Doc

I've had that one, also!!

We need to amend this however to the "clip customized to suit the slightly shallow shirt pocket"!!!

A clear advantage!!!

jttheclockman

OK guys...well..it is a nice day...Ed.. I had a "tube that didn't make it all the way in" redesign and the remedy called for the "shortening the blank" technique resulting in the "clip too close to the centerband" phenomena.:rolleyes: Seamus..I totally forgot my white gloves this morning...I am slipping :biggrin:. John..Put the bump there to see if you were awake...:biggrin: Man, did you guys have a hard Saturday night or what :wink:. Regards, Doc

Listen Doc we have all come to expect excellence and this is too one of your best. It just is so hard to find any faults with your work so we make them up now. All in fun. You do make some outstanding pens and your fit and finish is top notch. Who knows maybe you just started a new trend:)

Top Bottom