Making a Segmented pen mini tutorials

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think we have as many people as we can handle for this project so I am stopping any further submissions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on a couple requests I have been considering making a couple mini tutorials about how I make some of my blanks with pictures of the blanks before turning and combining it into one document.

My question is this, would some others out there that have been doing segmented pens or centerbands like to get together and all contribute to one large documents with multiple mini tutorials?

Names that come to mind:

Dfurlano
Ron Mc
Ron In Drums PA
Jim Boyd
and any others that would like to contribute.

If I did not list you please do not be insulted this is just who I thought of off the top of my head.

Also do you think people would use this? I know I was a little disappointed last time I wrote a tutorial since I still have never seen a pen made from it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I'm piping up in here not because I have anything new to add but because I want you to know that I DO read and highly value the tutorials here (especially yours). I have a few segmented blanks glued up but no pens to show as I have been on an extended dry spell from actually doing any turning.

It didn't dawn on me that the folks who wrote the tutorials would like to see how people used them (but it should have). As soon as I get back to turning I will be sure to post the pens many of you have inspired (and hopefully credit the right people).

Thanks for being such an important part of this group, Mike!!

Ron Mc

Mike,
Sounds like a plan. I'll e-mail you offline to see what you have in mind.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Mike,

I like the idea, and am not insulted that I was left off the list. Perhaps you did not include me because I don't know how to make segmented blanks. [:D] [:D]

I am looking forward to your tutorials.

TheHeretic

Well before I came here I wouldn't have thought of doing the segmented blanks for pens. I have to say I have done about 6 or 7 and all of them have sold. I would be curious as to how others do it or not do it. I know I dont always chime in but I do read just about everything on the site. some times many, many times.

Dean
Columbus OH

Originally posted by TheHeretic
<br />Well before I came here I wouldn't have thought of doing the segmented blanks for pens. I have to say I have done about 6 or 7 and all of them have sold. I would be curious as to how others do it or not do it. I know I dont always chime in but I do read just about everything on the site. some times many, many times.

Dean
Columbus OH

How about sharing your ideas Dean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom