Lee Valley - Pen edition

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

Received the latest LV flyer where they feature new pens and accessories that they offer. While LV does offer more selection than their previous sparse selection, I can't feel but disappointed. Why is the selection so slim in comparison to US suppliers? In speaking to Mr. Lee a few weeks back, I got the impression that LV would give penturners a new presence in Canada. Would love to hear comments from IAP members especially those based in Canada.

-Peter-:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Received the latest LV flyer where they feature new pens and accessories that they offer. While LV does offer more selection than their previous sparse selection, I can't feel but disappointed. Why is the selection so slim in comparison to US suppliers? In speaking to Mr. Lee a few weeks back, I got the impression that LV would give penturners a new presence in Canada. Would love to hear comments from IAP members especially those based in Canada.

-Peter-[:)]

Hi Peter,

I have not seen the flyer yet, but also in conversation with Rob I know this is but an intial wave of more to come. I spoke to some staff a week ago at the Burlington store and they indicated they had 60 new new SKU items related to pen making in the store.

I have seen LV come a long way on many fronts in the last 2 years, namely turning and hand planes...I feel confident that LV will continue to do more long the pen line with time...

wood-of-1kind

Hi Jim,
nice hearing from you. Perhaps my patience level is lower than yours. I know that LV has come a long way, but, I just think they still came up short in my opinion. I certainly welcome the opportunity of an expanded LV pen kit lineup.

-Peter-

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Hi Jim,
nice hearing from you. Perhaps my patience level is lower than yours. I know that LV has come a long way, but, I just think they still came up short in my opinion. I certainly welcome the opportunity of an expanded LV pen kit lineup.

-Peter-
I hear you Peter...it does take time...but I have a ton of raw inventory from CS that is keeping me going, probably for at least the next 6-8 months. I'lll be teachinan all day pen class at LV in Burlington on June 10, beyond the basics...I'll be using kits from both LV and elsewhere....so that should be interesting as well.

I believe LV is aligning them selves with Berea

Gary Max

I buy a lot of stuff from LV. One of the biggest reasons is because they stand behind thier product even though I have never sent anything back it's good to know they are there.
They carry a full line of stuff for my mini lathe that I use for pen making. I am also looking hard at the P.M. brand of lathe tools they sale.
I like doing business with them.

Murphy

Hey Jim, This sounds like it is not a beginner's course. What will you be doing in it. I am teaching a course in Burlington on carving fish decoys in April. Maybe I will drop by and see you there.
Dale[:D]

ccarse

What do you mean? I just don't understand what you're saying.
Anyways. I got the catalog and it looks as they are just selling a select few of Berea's pen kits at slightly higher prices. It might be good for you Canadians (not sure if there are better sources for Berea kits that ship to you) but for me here in the States I will keep ordering from BB.

Originally posted by ccarse
<br />
What do you mean? I just don't understand what you're saying.
Anyways. I got the catalog and it looks as they are just selling a select few of Berea's pen kits at slightly higher prices. It might be good for you Canadians (not sure if there are better sources for Berea kits that ship to you) but for me here in the States I will keep ordering from BB.

Not having seen any of the items or pricing I know that it's going to help with teh issues related to exchange rates and international shipping,so, it should be better for us I do believe

Originally posted by Murphy
<br />Hey Jim, This sounds like it is not a beginner's course. What will you be doing in it. I am teaching a course in Burlington on carving fish decoys in April. Maybe I will drop by and see you there.
Dale[:D]

Hi Dale, I am still working out the details but I think I will be teaching how to turn a stabilized wood and show how to finish it, I have also been making a lot of solid ended pens, I may also teach that, it's afull day class on June 10. I will look your class up carving!![:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom