Made it through surgery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robersonjr

Well, I made it. Had two cancer tumors removed from my neck Monday.
Don't want to go through that again. I am as stiff as a board right now, can hardly move my right arm. Have a scar from behind my right ear down to my chest, 44 staples, man what a battle scar. I will not have any permanent disability but will take a while to heal.
I will start radiation treatments in about a month, that will last for about 6 weeks. That in itself isn't so bad but have to make a daily drive of about 70 miles each way every day. That is the part I am not looking forward to. They did say I could have the treatment early in the AM, about 0700, which will get me home and off to work with out too much interruption.
Today is the first day of quiet, had a house full for a week with all the family here for support. Had 14 besides myself at the hospital during the 7+ hour surgery, that was awesome. My biggest disappointment is that I cannot go into my shop, the little woman keeps a close eye on me. Have a brand new toy, still in the boxes and she won't let me play. I'll have to do a review on the new Nova Lathe that arrived two days ago, when I can convince her that I'm OK.
Well time to empty the little plastic bottles hooked up to tubes coming out of my neck, I wonder if I can find a use for these in the shop. Well my recliner is getting plenty use now and there isn't anything worth watching on TV, time to get some of those movies I been wanting to see.
But all in good time, right now it's time for one of those little pills, they sure help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Super Dave

I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take advantage of the down time to do some research and development. YouTube is a great place to start.

Dave

Brooks803

I'm glad that your surgery was successful! My Dad went through a similar situation a few years ago. Not to the extend you did however. You have a great attitude towards everything and that's the biggest hurdle for many. Take the time you need to heal and we'll all look forward to hearing more about your recovery.

magpens

Glad to hear your surgery is behind ! I know recuperation and radiation is going to try your patience ... look forward to using your new toys to keep your spirits up a bit !!

robersonjr

I thank you all for your prayers and kind comments. I will get over this, just too stubborn to quit yet. I'll just be glad to get back in the shop and get back to work and oh yes, back in the shop. Got pens yet to turn and a brand new lathe to break in. I'll be back. Now where is that little white pill...............

Top Bottom