Lubricate pen threads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russknan

I spent some time searching, and haven't seen this covered before. However, I'm known for walking right past something in a store and not seeing it . . . Anyway, I've been making Jr. Gents and liking them a lot. However, screwing the caps on and off doesn't go as smoothly as I'd like. Is there something I could use to lubricate the threads that A)Won't dissolve the plastic - so not sure about silicone and B)Won't be visible. I've been looking at the can of Johnson's Wax that I use to lubricate the way tubes on my Shopsmith . . .
Thanks,
Russ

yort81

I use hard carnuba...I scrape it on.. then screw the cap on a couple of times...then i wipe off the excess... and i never have trouble again....it's been lasting for a couple of years now...and going. :)

Culprit

I haven't tried JPW for pen threads, but it works well for everything else I've used it on and it meets your criteria of not affecting plastic, and not being visible once buffed off.

I do use JPW to lubricate the action of some click pens if they don't feel the way I think they should, and I haven't had any problems with it affecting the plastic on the inside of the click mechanism or the plastic end on the pen refill.

As long as I give my Shopsmith a little JPW while I have the can open, she doesn't mind sharing.

Top Bottom