Love Spoon and Case for Sister In-law

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

So my wife asked if I could come up with something crafty for her sisters wedding so since I was just starting to try my hand at love spoons I figured, why not. Here are the images from concept drawing to glue-up, scroll sawing, adding brass accents, and building a case using pine and rare earth magnets to allow for display. Just something else I make I guess and this was my 3rd spoon trying and first box case. Gotta start somewhere:biggrin:

9242395289_7dfd43d67d_z.jpg

9242395237_17b7e3d070_z.jpg

9245179276_90f59715cc_z.jpg

9242395169_4056f9a1b6_z.jpg

9245179206_0ab3054eba_z.jpg

9242394977_8a85515fba_z.jpg

The box is premium pine bought from Lowes and the spoon is carved from walnut. If you want to see larger images you can visit my flickr site or my IAP gallery, both of which are in hyperlinks below.

Hope you enjoy. These are fairly simple to make and if you enjoy working with wood a small investment in a couple tools can result in great rewards.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Thanks guys. The wedding is today so my wife will let me know how they liked it.

wiset1

Beautiful work Tim! I'm sure it will be cherished.

Thanks JB, I hope they do enjoy it. A lot went into this!

Very nice Tim, but way too much tedeous, little sanding for me.

Yeah, but there comes a time when we have to try new things and that extra bit of sanding makes it all worth while. I guess that's why I've only made 3 spoons so far :biggrin:, but I do have another one in the works with a much more open design.

Hendu3270

Beautiful work Tim! I'm sure it will be cherished.

Thanks JB, I hope they do enjoy it. A lot went into this!

Very nice Tim, but way too much tedeous, little sanding for me.

Yeah, but there comes a time when we have to try new things and that extra bit of sanding makes it all worth while. I guess that's why I've only made 3 spoons so far :biggrin:, but I do have another one in the works with a much more open design.

Look forward to seeing it.

wiset1

Beautiful job on this! Makes me want to try and make one too!

They are fairly easy to make if you have a scroll saw and some carving tools. I will say that I have a greater understanding for wood after working it this way.

Fishinbo

This is an amazing piece, gorgeous spoon. A fitting spoon for newly wed couples because of the many hearts design that I'm sure they'll treasure. Like that it has matching box with pretty engravings. This is a great symbol of love and marriage. Excellent work!

Top Bottom