Looking for heavly spalted beech/birch long blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

refueler1

Looking for large turning stock say 1x1x9 or larger. Heavly spalted beech or birch. Anyone got any for sale or know where I can find some?

Thanks,
Jack

65GTMustang

I cant help you with the piece of wood, however I can tell you about a trick to get regular would too spalt for you. if you can get your hands on a piece of regular beach or birch or any woo for that matter I'm just referring to be type you have requested. this needs to be done in the log form start by anchor sealing 1 side of the wood then put it in the ground a few inches in a shady spot and pour a can of beer on to the opposite end that has not been sealed let it sit for a few weeks and you will have some unbelievably gorgeous fully spalted wood. I may have 1 or 2 pictures I could email you of the bulls that I have turned it from beach that was originally extremely bland and lifeless no color what so ever after applying the beer trick to these pieces I was completely blown away I think you would enjoy seeing the photos they are beautiful not referring so much to my attorney skills I mean how do you would look it was and it is beautiful, if you would like the pictures send me an email to woodworking.brown@gmail.com good luck to you I hope this helps let me know how it turns out

Top Bottom