Looking for an MT2 Live Cup center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I am looking for a live center that I can use to make several jam chucks for the tail stock. I have a live center that came with the lathe, but only the center turns.

I am looking for a center that the entire body of the center turns so the jam chuck will have good support.

I've looked at the Oneway. Expensive but probably worth it. Needs to be ordered.

Woodcraft has an inexpensive one, (#141060) but
Does the entire body of the center turn??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Randy:
Penn State did have a "cup" live center sometime back that was similar to the Oneway you described. I just looked again, and I no longer see it listed.

I'll keep looking. It seems like I got mine from HUT some years ago, but I didn't see it listed there either.

randyrls

I have the Sorby Live Centre Set, don't know whether you can get it in your part of the world, but if you can it is an excellent set and will do exactly what you want to do.

Edit:

Looks like you can

http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2003727/2003727.aspx

Fred; That is great. Our woodturning club meeting is this Tuesday and we get 10% off purchases on turning night.

One question I have is whether the entire "hub" rotates, or just the tip?? I really want to make some jam chucks and the larger and longer the mount, the less likely it will slip off.

MikeG

Randy:
Penn State did have a "cup" live center sometime back that was similar to the Oneway you described. I just looked again, and I no longer see it listed.

I'll keep looking. It seems like I got mine from HUT some years ago, but I didn't see it listed there either.

Is this the "cup" you where referring to? or was it a complete unit, not an add-on? I bought one recently and it fit my live center perfectly.
Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom