Liquid Diamonds again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SeahawkBeau

Before I get blasted I want to say upfront that I have read every post on this forum and watched every You Tube video there is so I have done my research before I ask the question. Of everything I have seen or read about casting with Liquid Diamonds I have only seen 2 references about waiting until the mixed resin reaches a certain temperature before pouring. All the other comments and videos show them mixing and pouring. I do understand that you may want it to gel somewhat so that some colorants do not settle out but still have not found an answer as to why you would wait or pour right away. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Before I get blasted I want to say upfront that I have read every post on this forum and watched every You Tube video there is so I have done my research before I ask the question. Of everything I have seen or read about casting with Liquid Diamonds I have only seen 2 references about waiting until the mixed resin reaches a certain temperature before pouring. All the other comments and videos show them mixing and pouring. I do understand that you may want it to gel somewhat so that some colorants do not settle out but still have not found an answer as to why you would wait or pour right away. Thanks.

Bubbles!!! Some people cast without pressure with LD. If you use a compatible colorant it will not undisolve (is that a word:)) Never waited for temp. Waited a few minutes to release bubbles but I still use pressure.

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
I just started using Liquid Diamonds to cast, because I don't have a pressure pot. I don't heat my mold. I also don't wait for the LQ to reach a certain temperature. I don't pour right away, because I want to get rid of as many bubbles as possible. Once I see most of the bubbles have dissipated, I slowly pour the LQ into the mold I'm using. Then I poke around underneath the tube to pop any bubbles that might be there, but I can't see. I hope this helps.

CREID

Bubbles!!! Some people cast without pressure with LD. If you use a compatible colorant it will not undisolve (is that a word:)) Never waited for temp. Waited a few minutes to release bubbles but I still use pressure.
Spelled wrong and not a word either.:biggrin::eek:

jttheclockman

Spelled wrong and not a word either.:biggrin::eek:

It sounded like a word in my head:biggrin:. Guess that was why spell checker did nothing because itn shocked them too:eek::eek:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
clear casts, I pour immediately. For color casts you want color separation. If you pour yellow and blue immediately it mixes and turns green. If you wait till last possible minute you create lots of color separation. The colors wont mix

Just my .02

clear casts, I pour immediately. For color casts you want color separation. If you pour yellow and blue immediately it mixes and turns green. If you wait till last possible minute you create lots of color separation. The colors wont mix

Just my .02

Exactly my experience. With a little practice you can get anything from a rainbow of blended colors, fine swirls, or a very sharp demarcation between colors, which creates an almost organic or stone-like effect depending on the colors used.

jcjc

it's not necessary to wait to pour LD in terms of curing performance. one of it's attributes is the long open time so it's good to wait to allow bubbles to disappear. the warmer the better up to a certain point as an increase in temp decreases the time till it kicks. it's also easier to warm it yourself, mix, and then proceed as opposed to letting it warm on it's own which depends on the amount and size of container.

Top Bottom