Lee Valley and Rikon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I just received a new early winter catalog from Lee Valley. WOW, they are really featuring the Rikon lathes with a full page detailing the lathe's features. I'm so pumped about it it makes me want to buy one even though I have no need for it. But then there is the pride of ownership.:biggrin:
Just thought I'd pass it along. It's features are very nicely displayed. Even so I won't be buying one unless my ship comes in before my pier collapses.

It's been too cold to turn so I'm just biding my time for a little warmer weather.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I got that Lee Valley flyer today. Selling lathes is a new venture for L.V. I am wondering what the price of the more expensive one is in your U.S. edition of that flyer. . Here in Canada it is $799.00 CAD.

I posted an enquiry about how well-liked the 70-220VSR lathe is ... that was before Christmas.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/lathe-rikon-70-220vsr-$550-woodcraft-137214/

Last edited:

Curly

Mal just go to the Lee Valley site and change the currency to whatever you want to see. US, Canadian or International. The real importance of Lee Valley getting Rikon is that to my knowledge nobody else in Canada sells them. In the US there are lots of options and more brands to choose from than we have, so a new brand is a good thing even if LV rarely have sales and discounts.

jaywood1207

Mal just go to the Lee Valley site and change the currency to whatever you want to see. US, Canadian or International. The real importance of Lee Valley getting Rikon is that to my knowledge nobody else in Canada sells them. In the US there are lots of options and more brands to choose from than we have, so a new brand is a good thing even if LV rarely have sales and discounts.

Stockroom Supply on this side of the country has been selling Rikon for a year and a half or so. Maybe longer. I have picked up a grinder and a bandsaw from them in the last year.

Buy Rikon Power Tools Online in Canada - Stockroom Supply

TonyW

Rikon lathes are sold by Record Power here in the UK and I bought one of their Maxi 2 lathes when I returned to woodturning, the one with the 2hp motor. It is actually the same lathe (made by?) as the highly respected Australian Woodfast, and I cannot praise it high enough, apart from the 1.1/4"x8 headstock spindle thread, which is a bit rare over here. I now have a set of taps that size so it is no longer a problem however. Record have since changed to the now standard 33mm thread though, which is even better though!

TonyW

Top Bottom