Leaky refill cleanup

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Verne

As I have ceased active pen turning I have not been posting recently. However I had a seirra returned because the refill leaked. Yuck!
Anyway, does anyone have a fool proof, or nearly so, method to clean the parts without ruining the corncob finish. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks, Vern

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

What kind of finish is on the corn cob? I would think that almost anything that is chemical base might screw up a CA finish, especially if it has acetone in it. Warm water and dish soap would be my recommendation but if the ends of the blank are not sealed the water could have an effect on the blank.

Verne

I am of the same thot about the finish which is CA. Had not thot of simple soap and water. Will begin that today. Tnx

nava1uni

I have used rubbing alcohol to clean the inside of a Sierra that leaked on me. A did not allow the pen to sit in the alcohol, but put some in the barrel and then put my finger over the end and shook it a lot. Then I emptied it and did it a few times and it cleaned up well and the finish wasn't harmed. You could also knock the end off and it will clean up much easier. I used q-tips dipped in alcohol to scrub the inside of the barrel and end.

Top Bottom