Lathe on the way

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dennis K

I ordered the Micromark 7x16 lathe today and it will be Monday. I picked this lathe due to bed length, shipping cost and that there won't be any red goop cleanup. Now to order my toolrest tomorrow.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

How exciting! I've been really looking hard at that lathe as well. What was the selling point that ultimately made you decide on that one? I have also been looking at the precision mathews PM1030V, but unsure of the 3c chuck and its abilities

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Dennis K

Sorry for the delay. Got the MicroMark 7x16 lathe in. Putting together was no problem. Runs great. cross compound slide gibs needs some mods. Wont stay tight. Feed direction lever indents need deeper drilling and the forward indent hole needs moving up some. I turned 4 metal parts with it so far. Cuts great. Got a qctp, short tailstock dead center and tooling kit from Little Machine shop along with a wood turning tool post. Looking at the TS dead center I am now wondering if i need the standard lenth on. Time will tell. Next items to buy are dead center for headstock, wood turning tools, along with bushings and pen kits etc.

Dennis K

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Congratulations! I'm at a loss as far as your indent issues, but Mike Roux or Redburn or one of the other more proficient guys may have some advice for you. Have fun!

Top Bottom