Latest bottle stopper and all I've made to date

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

First pic is my newest stopper. Second is all I've made to date. Still learning...

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 323
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

First pic is my newest stopper. Second is all I've made to date. Still learning...

Your bottle stoppers are all very well made and finished, is only one thing that I don't like and that has been a problem of mine for more years I can remember and there is, seeing bottle stoppers made/shaped with a sharp pointy end, that bug's me beyond believe, why...???

Because I can not see how bottle stoppers made to be used, can be useful when the very movement 90% people do to seal a bottle stopper is to "tap" it with the palm of the hand, pointed stoppers will hurt the hand and even puncture the skin if sharp enough so, I just don't thing that anything than flat/rounded top is suitable for a bottle stopper shape at that top end, sorry...!

All your other shapes are beautiful and well suited but the middle one from the bottom raw, spoils it for me...!

Personal taste maybe but a lot more a case of suitability and safe operation.

Cheers
George

Bobostro61

Your bottle stoppers are all very well made and finished, is only one thing that I don't like and that has been a problem of mine for more years I can remember and there is, seeing bottle stoppers made/shaped with a sharp pointy end, that bug's me beyond believe, why...???

Because I can not see how bottle stoppers made to be used, can be useful when the very movement 90% people do to seal a bottle stopper is to "tap" it with the palm of the hand, pointed stoppers will hurt the hand and even puncture the skin if sharp enough so, I just don't thing that anything than flat/rounded top is suitable for a bottle stopper shape at that top end, sorry...!

All your other shapes are beautiful and well suited but the middle one from the bottom raw, spoils it for me...!

Cheers
George

I know what you mean. I've been meaning to put that one back on the lathe and turn the point off of it but haven't gotten around to it yet. :bulgy-eyes:

Turned Around

Cheers
George

I agree to an extent. I made one with a very nice piece of zebra wood, with a point, but it looks like an upside down tear drop, so you can still fit your whole hand around it and force down, vs. tapping the top.

Anyway, those look great. I still haven't tried an acrylic one. You've given some really good examples on what shaped to follow with acrylic. Keep it up.

Top Bottom