Last Minute Christmas Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Sold out of toothpick holders at my last sale and today I got orders for two more.
I made these this afternoon . . They are a fun little project to make.
W.Y.
TPHolders1.jpg

TPHoldfer2.jpg

TPHolders3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

You really did a great job on those. I tried to make one once but the wood I used wouldn't stay glued (had to glue pieces together to get a block to make it out of). It was an oily wood. Anyway, I hope when I try again it will turn out as nice as yours.

W.Y.

Thanks Paul.
Give it a try again sometime with a solid piece of wood. You might have better luck with it next time. They really are quite easy to make although they take some careful meauring with dial or digital calipers to get a good fit of the parts.
W.Y.

OldWrangler

W.Y.

Nice work. Do you have dimentions for these and any hint to how I can make some. That center hole is done with a forstner bit or a hole saw???? Any help or advice is appreciated.

W.Y.

OldWrangler;
There is a series of three videos on the Wood Site showing how to make them.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/file.jsp?item=video/player&temp=yes

One problem is that they show the little pot that holds the toothpicks is way too shallow.
In my earlier ones , if someone pulled the insides right out, the toothpicks went everywhere.
My picture shows the deeper pot with the toothpicks self contained even if the insides is accidentally removed.
W.Y.

W.Y.

Thanks Nick.
Just one more of the gazillion fast selling items that can be made on a lathe besides pens.:wink:
W.Y.

VisExp

Those look great William. I have watched the Wood Magazine videos and the first thing I noticed when I saw your pictures, was that you had given the toothpicks a deeper bowl to rest in.

Skye

Man, looking at the first pic only, I said to myself that you need a way to get the toothpicks out. Now I see why you sold out of them! Great idea, I've got a drinking straw dispenser that does the same thing. Very good thinking.

Top Bottom