Kit pen threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

I have read some old posts concerning the quality of the jr Gent II cap to body threading. Mainly the inconsistency. Some have had problems while others have had none. Well, a customer just received their full sized statesman today. They said there are problems threading the cap back on. I had no problems before I mailed the pen. They opened and close a couple of times and now they describe the black plastic threads in the cap are now pushed up into the cap. I've never heard of this before. Has anyone experienced this before? Is this rough handling or a defect? I don't know a way to fix it other than replace it. :mad:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mike4066

I just had an app Jr gent with similar problems yesterday. If the threads aren't broke you can pop off the top of the cap/clip and use a transfer punch to push them back into place from the top. I put a couple drops of CA in to hold it in..

MikeL

The pen is getting mailed back, I'll see what it looks like, your suggestion might work. Thanks.

Janster

No issues with the Gent 11 BUT two of the standard Jr. Gents have given me problems. Easy to fix but I do not need the extra work or customer dissatisfaction either!

SSGMEADER

Like Mike the only time I've had this happen is on a APRENTICE Jr Gent. you can hear the plastic thread slop back and forth in the cap. I haven't tackled the fix yet.

MikeL

No issues with the Gent 11 BUT two of the standard Jr. Gents have given me problems. Easy to fix but I do not need the extra work or customer dissatisfaction either!

Yep, the pen sure looks like a quality product but there is a disappointed customer out there. To be fair, it could be a rare occurrence (since nobody else has had the same problem with the same pen) and I also have not called the company. I am trying a replacement center insert for the emperor (from exotic blanks) and hope it works on the full size statesman that is being mailed back to me.

MikeL

Conclusion

I am happy to report that the replacement center thread I bought from exotic blanks for the emperor works great on the full sized statesman as well. Mission complete!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I am happy to report that the replacement center thread I bought from exotic blanks for the emperor works great on the full sized statesman as well. Mission complete!

THANK YOU, Mike!!!!

That was why we purchased them, but I truly did not know if they matched "current" threading or not!!

APPRECIATE the feedback!!
Ed & Dawn

Top Bottom