Kiss My GRITS!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rsulli16

:biggrin:
Hi gang,
gotta question about relative grit(or equivilant) sizes in the final steps. I've seen the comparison charts for the sand paper to micro mesh grits sizes. I was wondering what the equivilants, would be for

EEE paste or stick

red, blue, rouge(black white purple rainbow, there's alot)

PPP sticks

white diamond

plastic polishes, automotive, hut, pen state, novus

brasso

and on and on, i've even seen toothpaste mentioned, flatwork guys use pumice and rottenstone

any guesses on what the accending order would if you have a blank ready, if you used everyone of the above and whatever else is out there. What would the order be? How fine can you get?
Thanx
Sulli

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I tried to find the grits for "red rouge" and "white diamond" and "green metal polish", etc. What I found was that the grit changed vendor to vendor even for products with the same name. And some of them would change within the same vendor (ie they had several different versions of "red rouge polishing compound") and there was no way to know which was which once it was out of the original packages (and if you buy your material at TAP plastics then you never see the original package).

I tried really hard to find info on the auto swirl removers and polishes and buffing compounds. Again, different vendors use different materials and they won't tell you what they use. My theory is they use whatever is cheapest that week so they can't/won't give you a specific answer.

GK

:biggrin:
Hi gang,
gotta question about relative grit(or equivilant) sizes in the final steps. I've seen the comparison charts for the sand paper to micro mesh grits sizes. I was wondering what the equivilants, would be for

EEE paste or stick

red, blue, rouge(black white purple rainbow, there's alot)

PPP sticks

white diamond

plastic polishes, automotive, hut, pen state, novus

brasso

and on and on, i've even seen toothpaste mentioned, flatwork guys use pumice and rottenstone

any guesses on what the accending order would if you have a blank ready, if you used everyone of the above and whatever else is out there. What would the order be? How fine can you get?
Thanx
Sulli

Top Bottom