Kinda want this lathe, afraid ill die using it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

Both of those are cool looking pieces, if I knew how to operate it, I might consider the first one--but I would think that one is also way old, and I definitely wouldn't count on any replacement parts being available.

I'm not super fond of antiquey style gear, so I probably would leave the older piece for an antique restorer/collector.

Neat finds!

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
The lathe/mill combo seems a little overpriced to me. While not as old as the other one - it's still no spring chicken as witness the belt drive arrangement.

I've restored a number of antique machines and if I were still able bodied, I think it would be fun to restore the swiss lathe.

mikedealer

Yea the Swiss one does look fun. Both are just too much money to even screw around with when I can get a new vs lathe that would rock. Gonna keep watching for more I guess loll. Want a good winter project

mecompco

Yeah, I'm thinking that's too much money, though there are some chucks and so forth in the picture and it would be awesome to have a mill.

My late 40's/early 50's era Atlas/Craftsman 12x36 was $500 with some chucks, tools, 1/2 horse motor and a nice rolling cart. It works great for wood, but the lack of precision (certainly may be user-error and/or lack of properly leveling it) for metal turning has required some creativity for getting parts within a couple thou.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited:
Top Bottom