Keepsake chest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PTownSubbie

PTownSubbie

I have been pretty busy finishing a commissioned piece for a couple that just adopted their first child from Serbia. They wanted a nice chest to keep his things that he brought from his other home.

The chest dimensions are approx 38" x 18" x 20". The wood is Red Oak with Walnut accents.

It found it's way to a happy customer the end of last week. Glad to have finished it so I can get back to turning some more!!

Comments (good and bad) are welcome.

Here are some pics.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Heres the good, it's surely a treasure and the couple must be very happy.

Now heres the bad........................................

it's not mine:mad:.

PTownSubbie

Thanks everyone for the kind words! And, Yes Seamus even Submariners can make cool stuff!! LOL!!

That is a beauty nice work. Is that the plans from Rockler?

Yep. This is the Steamer chest offered by Rockler. It takes about 55BF of lumber and the plans claim that it takes 35 hours to complete. It is fairly complicated with all the cuts but is a fine piece when finished.

that is very nice, can you tell me who you got the hardware from?

The Plans and hardware can all be purchased through Rockler. If you watch and are not in a hurry, you can get either free shipping or a good percentage off. One stop shopping at Rockler.

Rolland

I have a set of those plans and they are not for the faint of heart. I will say again you did an outstanding job on that chest. I may start on mine now after seeing what you have done. I am inspired again.

PTownSubbie

I have a set of those plans and they are not for the faint of heart. I will say again you did an outstanding job on that chest. I may start on mine now after seeing what you have done. I am inspired again.

Rolland,

Give it a go! I have a few tricks if you have specific questions. This is the 3rd one of these I have made and you find short cuts all the time!

I am here to help and answer any questions you might have!

Thanks again everyone! You guys keep this up and I won't be able to get into my shop because my head will be swollen so big....LOL!!

Top Bottom