Hackberry Live Edge Bowl/Vase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from trickydick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russell Eaton

That is a great looking bowl/vase/pot. I have turned a few natural edge bowls, and I can appreciate the effort on the shape of this piece. It looks great.

65GTMustang

I like Hackberry - I actually like to turn it green - well hackberry burl anyway...Also Madrone burl. He did a demo in my local AAW last year - I was also able to take a one day class with him. His turnings are Mind Blowing! He only turns green wood and he makes all of his own tools. Well that's how he started - now that he rubs elbows with the other big name turners he gets to share in some great swapping...lol
His work really is beautiful - this is a link to his website http://www.mailland.fr/html/menu_en.html

I like the shape of your vase also - Was this a crotch Cut?
Looks like you chucked it up just right - nice figure and pattern

trickydick

Thanks for the comments Kevin. It was not crotch cut. I happen to be downtown after a big storm hit San Antonio. I drove past a home that had logs sitting at the street that was 5 feet high by 30 feet long by 5 feet deep. They had lost several huge trees. I knocked on thier door and asked them if I could have a few pieces and they said please do. I filled my longbed truck with ash and hackberry and have had enough turning wood to last until this year.

I had not turned hackberry before so it was pretty neat with all the water flying off the piece (and a few bugs)

I'll be cruzing downtown again after the next storm!

Top Bottom