Just got a raise...sort-a!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

Well not actually making more money...just spending a whole lot less. My daughter was just accepted into the Air Force Academy Preparatory School:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:, so with any luck after that she will be accepted into the Academy...and I will not have to pay for college. Either way I will not have to pay for college this year. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

Something to be very proud of Bill !!!! Not saving the money, but your daughter. Jim S

Yes we are very proud of the accomplishment, the money part was just a joke. We are actually happy that she is going to prep school first, it will increase her chance of success at the "real" academy because she will have a year to adapt to the lifestyle. She will definitely be an asset to the Air Force.

Now to get my son into the USNA!!

builtbybill

Congrats to the Daughter. She should be proud of her hard work.

Make her a nice pen for all her classes.......you can afford to. lol

I have made these for her high school graduation, the colors are her school colors and will also work well for the Academy. It's a Liberty pen pencil set from Constant, with tornadic twists blank from Ed. Hope she likes them!

flyitfast

Well not actually making more money...just spending a whole lot less. My daughter was just accepted into the Air Force Academy Preparatory School:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:, so with any luck after that she will be accepted into the Academy...and I will not have to pay for college. Either way I will not have to pay for college this year. :)

Congratulations to you and to your daughter. And, thanks to your daughter and her dedication to service with our nation's military.
Now you will have lots more to spend in the "vortex"!!!:biggrin: Another suggestion for USAF pen blanks is the blank from Exotic Blanks I've made a couple of these - one a two piece Altrex and a Sierra. Sorry no pictures - they got away too quick!...............gordon
airforce.jpg

builtbybill

Maybe I will have to do a set for Christmas, or wait until she gets into the academy.

Congratulations to you and to your daughter. And, thanks to your daughter and her dedication to service with our nation's military.
Now you will have lots more to spend in the "vortex"!!!:biggrin: Another suggestion for USAF pen blanks is the blank from Exotic Blanks I've made a couple of these - one a two piece Altrex and a Sierra. Sorry no pictures - they got away too quick!...............gordon
airforce.jpg

flyitfast

Agree with Stonepecker - do it now! Reward her for making a great decision that will be significant for her future. Spend some of those savings you mentioned on her. It would be a great showoff at the Academy. Who knows, you might find many homes for your "pen business" and add more income.
gordon

markgum

Let us know when you will be visiting Colourful Colorado. I'm about an hour north of 'The Springs'. If she does come out here; drink LOTS of water. High altitude and dry air will be a major climate change.

builtbybill

Agree with Stonepecker - do it now! Reward her for making a great decision that will be significant for her future. Spend some of those savings you mentioned on her. It would be a great showoff at the Academy. Who knows, you might find many homes for your "pen business" and add more income.
gordon

I am actually trying to find a high quality preparatory school logo so I can attempt to do a water slide label. So far I have not found an image that seems to be of high enough quality to do it.

Kragax

Good Luck to her! My daughter plans on an Air Force enlistment as well, just not officer prep. She wants to attend the community college of the Air Force.

builtbybill

Congratulations to her on that achievement. Congratulations to you and your wife as well. Just Wondering: As a Navy Vet, would you rather she chose the Navy?

not really, after seeing 20 years worth of the military I honestly feel that the safest branch is the military. would not have been my first choice for myself, since they do not have submarines, but when looking out for my children's safety and well-being the air force makes the most sense.

builtbybill

Just wanted to say...

...thank you for all of the well wishes. We are very proud of her and expect great things to come from this opportunity.

Bill

Top Bottom