Jumping on the Shaving Set Wagon as well

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I thought I would try my hand at turning a knot handle and set. I was surprised how well it went. I followed some instructions I found at the Golden Nib. The first is White Turquoise Trustone and the second is Mother of Pearl Truston. Two wonderful sets that should make great gifts if they get purchased.

Attachments

• PB160455.jpg
    PB160455.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 201
  • PB160459.jpg
    PB160459.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 117
  • PB160444.jpg
    PB160444.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 158
  • PB160450.jpg
    PB160450.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Wow very nice Eric. I have an order from Ed to try out a razor finally. Those sets lok great. I hope they sell well for you if you are selling them.

t001xa22

I have also gotten on the shaving set wagon, too, for gifting. My first set was redheart, which is a gorgeous wood. The second one is zebrawood cut parallel with the lady's handle in blue acrylic. The last one is pecan with the lady's handle in purple. The one pic I forgot to get was the extra redheart handle I made for myself with the optional double-edged razor head from Golden Nib. To avoid additional machining, you have to use the coupler that comes with the razor head, so that it will thread into the razor kit coupling. It makes the handle a bit heavier, but it feels comfortable to me. I highly recommend The Golden Nib for all of these items. I also have to admit that on the last two sets, I had to disguise the live center indention I made by using a cosmetic head tack. I forgot to use my jamb chuck to avoid the indention. So far, my recipients think they look just fine.

Attachments

• RedHeartRazorSet4.jpg
    RedHeartRazorSet4.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Razor Set-Chris3.jpg
    Razor Set-Chris3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Razor Set-Randy3.jpg
    Razor Set-Randy3.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 126
Top Bottom