Jr gent or atrax centerband elimination?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I was looking at one article in the library on this but he went a different direction them I'm looking to

Have any of you guys turned a jr gent 2 or atrax with no centerband showing?

If so, I'd like to see a picture of one and some guidance if possible

Thanks

its_virgil

Hi Dan,
i've done it (for a baron...never made an atrax)but don't have a picture...or can't find one. I will continue looking. But, here is what you need to do. Remove the loose rings from the center coupler. There is a ring that is an integral part of the center coupler. That ring needs to be removed so the coupler and the plastic (black) insert will all fit into place without being seen. Before having a collet chuck I used my grinder to remove that ring. Now, with my collet chuck I hold the center coupler with a collet and remover the ring with a parting too. I do hope all of this makes sense. I will keep looking for a picture.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I was looking at one article in the library on this but he went a different direction them I'm looking to

Have any of you guys turned a jr gent 2 or atrax with no centerband showing?

If so, I'd like to see a picture of one and some guidance if possible

Thanks

Dan Masshardt

Thanks Don. I did have the thought to hold the piece in a collet chuck and use maybe a carbide tool to turn down the metal.

I think this will work.

Then I need to decide if I want to try to recess the coupler in the cap a little but to allow the cap to cover the trim ring on the front section of the pen itself or not

Top Bottom