Jr Gent/Jr Stateman II Soon to be FIXED by CSU

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
There have been quite a few problems reported with the threads in Jr. Statesman II and the Jr. Gent II. I have not read anything to indicvate that the problem has been corrected yet. I would be very carefull about selling these pens!!

This problem has been solved... I spoke to Nils the other day and they are starting to get in the replacement parts for the JrGent/Jr Statesman II pens... all you need to do is call and they will be sent to you.. that is the way I understand it...

As for Randy's statement.. There was a problem reported by Rich K, and it was a problem... on the original release of this kit, they attempted to correct the problem of intermittent threading that was found on the Jr Gent I. In the course of doing so, they actually made the threads a bit on the loose side and it could cause a cross threading issue if the customer was not careful putting the cap in place.. it only seemed to happen if the cap was tilted when replacing it... if the cap was held straight, no cross threading..
What has been done is a re-design of the cap section that forced the bottom barrel to align when being replaced..
I think that CSU, as usual, has done a fine job of taking care of a problem reported by their customers in a more than timely manner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Tom: Thanks for that information!! I have been holding off trying the new Jr. Statesman because of the problem. I bet CSUSA will be getting a lot of new orders for the Jr Gent and Statesman now that the problem is resolved. I'm a bit surprised that CSUSA had not made an announcement of their own??

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
They did not make a statement about it because they just started getting the parts in... they do not have a large amount yet... the fix is real new..

nilsatcraft

Just to clarify- we haven't actually received the parts in as of yet. They're on order but we don't have an ETA as of yet. Hopefully it'll be soon [:)]. We have received a new shipment of our Black Titanium Jr. Gentlemen's Pens in and they are the new, corrected version. I'll let you know more when the new parts get here and we've tested them out. Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
My apoligies... I misunderstood Nils when we were talking about this issue and some other stuff...
It is just great to know that a company as big as CSU really takes the time to listen to their customers...

jb_pratt

Nils, do you have any update on the timing of the new parts? I called and visited with Ben about 2 weeks ago and he did not have an estimated timeframe of when the new parts would arrive. I made a Jr Statesman for a client, I can get the cap to screw on properly but you need to be very cautions to find the sweet spot. Obviously not ideal. Any update would be appreciated.

nilsatcraft

To the best of my knowledge, we'll have the replacement parts in by early next month, so they should be ready to send out within 3-4 weeks if all goes as planned. So keep hanging in there and I'll let everyone know when they come. Thanks! [:)]

Ron Mc

So....Am I right to understand that the 15 Jr. Statesman's I just got yesterday to fill an order that goes out on Saturday have bad threads or should I say questionable threads?[:(!]

Randy_

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />So....Am I right to understand that the 15 Jr. Statesman's I just got yesterday to fill an order that goes out on Saturday have bad threads or should I say questionable threads?[:(!]

Ron: If you got the Jr Statesman II kits, it is a real possibility!! I'd check directly with Nils and if there is any question, I'd send them back. That kit is too expensive to be selling with questionable hardware!!

LanceD

Does anyone know if the Jr gent's have that same problem ? I just done three out of six kits that I ordered and you have to get the cap "just right" to get it to screw on. I'd hate to try to sell them and have someone return them to me with stripped threads because they had problems screwing the cap on.

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />So....Am I right to understand that the 15 Jr. Statesman's I just got yesterday to fill an order that goes out on Saturday have bad threads or should I say questionable threads?[:(!]

Ron: If you got the Jr Statesman II kits, it is a real possibility!! I'd check directly with Nils and if there is any question, I'd send them back. That kit is too expensive to be selling with questionable hardware!!

This should not be a problem. Just add another paragraph to the customer information sheet explaining the idiosyncrasy [8D]

Ron Mc

Randy,
Thanks for the assist. I looked on the directions as well as in the catalogue and I'll be darned if I can't find anything that says, "Due to poor engineering of this pen type the threads are prone to cross thread so please advice all potential customers that are spending over $100.00 per pen that the threads suck and that they must purchase at their own risk!"
Lovely. Waiting customer, $85.00 worth of wood drilled with tubes glued in, $285.00 in kits laughing at me.
Its a darn good think that I put the word out with pen turners that I needed some version 1's! I should have enough tomorrow. I hope. I guess it's also a good thing that I have plenty of replacement wood on the way!
Well I need to go cut blanks again, and drill again, and glue again.[:(!]

Randy_

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />This should not be a problem. Just add another paragraph to the customer information sheet explaining the idiosyncrasy [8D]

shakehead.gif

Randy_

Yeah, Ron. CSUSA really dropped the ball on this one!! They certainly have a good rep for quality; but this kit certainly tarnishes that rep a bit. Not quite sure why they are still selling the d@#$%$ things. If it had been me, I would have taken the beating and quit selling the kits. And FYI, it is my understanding that this problem applies to the Jr Gent II kit as well.

Last I knew, CSUSA still had some Version I kits...maybe not in all platings. You probably need to work a trade with Nils.

Ron Mc

Tom,
Could you please change the topic of this thread so that members aren't confused if they don't read every post? Might be a good idea.[;)]
Thanks,

airrat

If we already have the pens assembled how difficult is it going to be to fix them? or will the replacement parts be for just the kits you have unassembled?

Rudy Vey

What about using the Baron kits from AA instead, they come in a variety of platings and I have not had a problem with these. Got my share on the Gent Jr threading problem, but CSUSA exchanged my bad kits for good ones. Lost some sales due the bad posting or non-posting of the cap, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom